Lost my post counts since 2008 / Counter reset to zero posts after I logged in using google / Possible bug in forum software

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybervinay

I would like to bring this to notice of the moderators and super-mod @HiFiVision that my post count has been reset to 0 after I logged in using google authentication.
I have since lost my ability to post in classified section (sales and wanted).
Surprisingly the trophy score and reaction count is intact.

I am old member since 2008 and had more than 400 posts.
I would like to have the post count corrected so I am able to participate in the classified sections.

Did this kind of issue happened with anyone else, if yes how was this issue fixed.

Need help.

Thanks
Vinay Arora

I would like to bring this to notice of the moderators and super-mod @HiFiVision that my post count has been reset to 0 after I logged in using google authentication.
I have since lost my ability to post in classified section (sales and wanted).
Surprisingly the trophy score and reaction count is intact.

I am old member since 2008 and had more than 400 posts.
I would like to have the post count corrected so I am able to participate in the classified sections.

Did this kind of issue happened with anyone else, if yes how was this issue fixed.

Need help.

Thanks
Vinay Arora
One possibility I can think of is it created a separate account for you when you used google to login

One possibility I can think of is it created a separate account for you when you used google to login
I have tried removing google authentication and logging in with my original password but still count remains 0.

Classified is a Paid section now I believe. Maybe that is why you are unable to post there.

MaSh

Classified is a Paid section now I believe. Maybe that is why you are unable to post there.

MaSh
I am willing to pay but payment option is only available if you are eligible
I was eligible being an old member and with post count exceeding 400 but now I am showing as not eligible with message count reset to zero due to forum bug.

HVF mods to step in and help fix this. I am waiting anyone of them to take notice and do the needful here.

--Vinay

I am willing to pay but payment option is only available if you are eligible
I was eligible being an old member and with post count exceeding 400 but now I am showing as not eligible with message count reset to zero due to forum bug.

HVF mods to step in and help fix this. I am waiting anyone of them to take notice and do the needful here.

--Vinay
Ahhh now I understand. Try to report your own post to grab Mod's attention.

MaSh

Thanks for making us aware of the google authenticator that has issues on signing in. Lucky you that you brought attention of the mods

I have been using Google authenticator, but havent come across this. Not sure if Authenticator which is just a login enabler can do this.

I have been using Google authenticator, but havent come across this. Not sure if Authenticator which is just a login enabler can do this.
Quite a few FMs have been using Google authenticator to login on hfv ever since @Yelamanchili manohar 's earlier account was hacked. @cybervinay , imo i do not think google authenticator is the problem.

I think @cybervinay meant to type "Google authentication", i.e., login using Google's account, and not "Google authenticator" - which is a 2-factor app.

I might be wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back