Loudspeaker Restoration and Reconing.

SIDEWINDER18X

In India Sound & Music enthusiastic crave and adore their lust for hi-quality music and sound system. Equally posses their understanding and desire for using quality audio equipment of "foreign make" for the reproduction of hi-fidelity sound sources. One such part is the loudspeaker. But hard to find service and authentic repair parts here in India is also their point of concern when their favorite piece of loudspeaker dies or gets faulty, " How to revive them or get them back to their original state". This had been always troublesome and complex getting them fixed or repaired with locally available parts.
For all the foreign origin vintage & present day loudspeakers out there. Restoration and recone services with genuine, authentic and aftermarket parts (only in some case for hard to find parts).
Imported from the US and Europe. Here are few listed models for reference..... & many more other available thru us. Kindly do not hesitate to ask. We also carry re-foaming of imported speakers. We stock wide variety of foam & cloth surrounds. All recone job is carried out with utmost care & precision. We extensively adopt the use of hi-tech/hi-temp adhesives, lead-wires and surround treat lacquers. As well as doping solutions for wet-look cones where required. Gauss measurement, Re- magnetizing job & Magnet shift or re-centering is also done.

AR --- AR7, AR11, AR12, AR18, AR48
BOSE --- 101, 201, 301, 501,601,901 .
CERWIN VEGA --- ATW8, ATW10, ATW12, ATW15 , STROKER 12,15 & 18.
EV --- VMR9, SENETRY 8 ..
FANE --- STUDIO 10, STUDIO 12 .........
JBL --- LE5, 104H, 506G, 706G, 116H, 2110, 2118, 708G, 127H, 2121H, 2123H, E110, LE10, LE111A, 128H, 2022H, LE14, 2023H, 2213H, 2214H, 2235H, 2245H .......... and many more brands & models on our list.

with regard
Vicky

Last edited:
Are you worried about rotten foam & damaged speaker surrounds. Dont worry !.
Replacement foam, cloth & rubber surrounds available for BOSE, JBL, CERWIN VEGA, ADVENT, ALTEC, AR, INFINITY, EV, and many more........
SUBWOOFER SURROUNDS for JL AUDIO, ROCKFORD, MTX, BOSTON, and many more.......
Vivek

Hi,

I have a pair of Wharfedale Super12 RS DD full range drivers from the 60's. The cones and surrounds are in very good shape,but the voice coil formers are made of paper and are starting to tear(may have been overdriven with high power amps at some point).This causes distortion at higher volumes.

Can you replace the voice coils without damaging the cones and surround? The surround is cloth impregnated with some damping material.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq53NhbNrG4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5WPvY8Qn2Y

Regards
Rajiv

Last edited:
Hi,
I have a pair of Wharfedale Super12 RS DD full range drivers from the 60's. The cones and surrounds are in very good shape,but the voice coil formers are made of paper and are starting to tear(may have been overdriven with high power amps at some point).This causes distortion at higher volumes. Can you replace the voice coils without damaging the cones and surround? The surround is cloth impregnated with some damping material.
Regards
Rajiv

Hi Rajeev,
I think I had seen that speaker long time back, anyways how did you find out the coil former is damaged, had you pulled out the cone assembly ?.
If the cone apex is not brittle due to aging, I can change the voice coil without damaging the cone.
Vivek

Hi sidewinder18x,

I have a pair of infinity sm65 bookshelves. Need the foam surround (woofer) for the same. Is it available?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back