Vintage Loudspeaker Restoration & Reconing.

SIDEWINDER18X

For all the vintage loudspeakers out there. Restoration and recone services with genuine, authentic and aftermarket parts (only in some case for hard to find parts).
Imported from the US and Europe. Here are few listed models for reference..... Many more other available thru us. Kindly do not hesitate to ask. We also carry re-foaming of imported speakers. We stock wide variety of foam & cloth surrounds. All recone job is carried out with utmost care & precision. We extensively adopt the use of hi-tech/hi-temp adhesives, lead-wires and surround treat lacquers & doping solutions for wet-look cones where required. Gauss measurement, Re- magnetizing job & Magnet shift or re-centering is also done.

ALTEC --- 412, 515 (VINTAGE).
AR --- AR7, AR11, AR12, AR18, AR48
BOSE --- 101, 201, 301, 501,601,901 .
CERWIN VEGA --- ATW8, ATW10, ATW12, ATW15 , STROKER 12,15 & 18.
CELESTION --- G12 (VINTAGE) .
EV --- VMR9, SENETRY 8 ..
FANE --- STUDIO 10, STUDIO 12 .........
JBL --- LE5, 104H, 506G, 706G, 116H, 2110, 2118, 708G, 127H, 2121H, 2123H, E110, LE10, LE111A, 128H, 2022H, LE14, 2023H, 2213H, 2214H, 2235H, 2245H ..
FENDER/KUSTOM/JENSEN/EMINENCE and many more.........

with regards
Vicky

Last edited:
Dear Sir

Before 1955 Philips Holland used to make Speakers which used to have deeper cones. These were used in the 8.5" and 10" speakers. Are these cones also available?
Philips also used to make 800 ohms speakers which were used in many Bi-Ampli radio sets. These were AD3500AM, AD3700AM and AD3800AM. Can these also be repaired?

Regards

P.Rajan

Dear Sir

Before 1955 Philips Holland used to make Speakers which used to have deeper cones. These were used in the 8.5" and 10" speakers. Are these cones also available?
Philips also used to make 800 ohms speakers which were used in many Bi-Ampli radio sets. These were AD3500AM, AD3700AM and AD3800AM. Can these also be repaired?
Regards
P.Rajan

No !. Those are ancient history.
Vivek

Any chance of smaller size driver components ?? say like 5.25" or 6.5" ? What bout tweeter components ?

Yes, I do stock many smaller cone / kit parts of those sizes too. There are many pro-sound tweeter & compression diaphragms in stock. What exact do you require ?. Feel free to ask. I'll try my best to resolve all your queries.
Vivek

Last edited:
Hi Vivek

I have some 15 inch passive radiators in a subwoofer enclosure, the surrounds needed replacement and I got the job done locally with some very stiff surrounds. Do you keep such products,or similar ones? I can send you photographs . I am making do with them for the time being, but would prefer to replace them with better ones, would definitely prefer to get something from here than pay US $$$. I am passing through Calcutta in November and can check what you have, if that is an option. There is no urgency a few months is ok for me.

Thanks

George

Hi Vivek

I have some 15 inch passive radiators in a subwoofer enclosure, the surrounds needed replacement and I got the job done locally with some very stiff surrounds. Do you keep such products,or similar ones? I can send you photographs . I am making do with them for the time being, but would prefer to replace them with better ones, would definitely prefer to get something from here than pay US $$$. I am passing through Calcutta in November and can check what you have, if that is an option. There is no urgency a few months is ok for me.
Thanks
George

Hi George,
Can you post some pics ?. Passive radiator made by who ?. I mean brand. Do you have any remains or reference to the original surrounds. I need to know the shore hardness & thickness. Was it foam or rubber ?.
Kindly see attached diagram and provide the following details before I can say anything further. open pdf attachment too view.:)
Vivek

Last edited:
PR made by Lambda Acoustics/Stryke=now they are called AR Speakers. I will post pics as soon as possible. I dont think the original was foam, but one replacement is foamanother is rubber-very stiff rubber.

PR made by Lambda Acoustics/Stryke=now they are called AR Speakers. I will post pics as soon as possible. I dont think the original was foam, but one replacement is foamanother is rubber-very stiff rubber.

The link was re-directed to AE SPEAKERS PR15-1015 & PR15-1400.
Are those your ones ?. If not ! then.... Stryke/Lambada model no. is required to get to the bottom of it for details please.
As if you are not sure of foam or rubber, at-lease measurement related to my attachment drawing is required.

The photos on the centre and left are foam, the one on the right is very hard and uncompliant rubber,, I suspect some form of elastomer than is not NR,

The photos on the centre and left are foam, the one on the right is very hard and uncompliant rubber,, I suspect some form of elastomer than is not NR,

It think it might be polyether foam. Does any of your PR are with the original surround from which we can get any reference to it's shore hardness and type ?.
If not, then do you remember how the original ones looked like, were they rubber or foam or any type of composite foam ????.
Vivek

Last edited:
Vivek

All three are original ones have gone and have been replaced by these. I think the best thing to do is to get an OE replacement surround from the US and send it across to you/ bring it with me and have you take a look and take measurements when I pass through Calcutta on Dec 2.

I can manage for some more time with the ones that I have, so there is no pressing urgency.Please go ahead and don't wait for me, w.r.t to your order.

Cheers

Vivek

All three are original ones have gone and have been replaced by these. I think the best thing to do is to get an OE replacement surround from the US and send it across to you/ bring it with me and have you take a look and take measurements when I pass through Calcutta on Dec 2.

I can manage for some more time with the ones that I have, so there is no pressing urgency.Please go ahead and don't wait for me, w.r.t to your order.

Cheers

My parts supplier might also be having the surround which was originally in your PR's. He has tons & tons of replacement surround of all sizes of major brands & even classic vintage one's too. But without any part no. or correct reference to it's type and dimension details he will not understand what exactly I want. Since these are not as common or popular as the other existing brands like JL AUDIO ,MTX, ROCKFORD, RE, TC SOUND, JBL, KICKER, EARTHQUAKE & many others. If you can provide me with exact measurement details & shore hardness type I can ask him.
Vivek

Vivek

I will get you a OE sample from AE speakers, since that is an easy option. As I mentioned earlier,I have time, I don't expect any of the replaced surrounds to die soon!

George

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back