loupes

soundbuff

HI,

Any turntable user here who has been using loupes to look at the cartridge and needle during set up. I have been working with a simple magnifying glass all these years. Just wondering if a loupe would give me more detail and accuracy in set up.
Had a look at Amazon, and am confused by the variety of the models available in prices ranging from 400 odd to a few thousand. In case some one has practical experience please chip in with the model and type.

THX

Don't you use one just to inspect the stylus to see if it's clean ?
Why do you need it to set up a cartridge ?

I bought another one recently on Ebay ( from China ). It has a built in LED lamp. US$5 I think ! Good enough to inspect the stylus. Probably not good enough to see the state of the stylus surface. You probably need a small microscope for that . Those are significantly far more expensive .......and maybe not required ?

Hello Fantastic,
I would like something I can strap around my head. Holding the magnifying glass in one hand and adjusting the cart is a bit of a circus.

There is also the fact I am growing older and cant see as well as I could, a more powerful glass would be bigger. Hence the thought of a loupe.

Thanks for getting back

Best

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back