Low cost speakers

Barun7

Everyone does not need a pair of hifi speaker costing thousands of rupees everytime they are on the lookout for a pair of speakers. Can we list low fidelity speakers which do their job costing as low as it can? Anyone who is looking for such speakers, can benefit from those in the future.
For example, I have been using Zebronics S999 for more than 2 years now and I am perfectly happy. It's a pair of wooden speakers loud enough for 2.0 PC/TV/Laptop audio. Has a 3.5 mm input and is powered by USB. No distortion and loud enough. Build quality is surprisingly good for the price. Price? Rupees 680/- at the time of purchase!
I am sure other members have experienced such speakers personally. Requesting them to share if any.

71J1U2tVdYL._AC_UY436_QL65_.jpg

Edifier has some good options at entry-level prices. My nephew started his stereo journey with the Edifier R1700BT (active speakers) last year on my suggestion. He is quite happy with it - especially the mid-range. I am not a fan of DSP, but at this price-point the in-built DSP does a good job of playing music optimised to the speaker. At just Rs 12.5K (i.e. at the price of a budget Android smartphone) you can have a Bluetooth stereo system up and running, and start playing from your mobile. The speakers are well-built and the sound from the 4k woofers is handful for an average Indian study room but is good enough for small living rooms in the metros. What more, you also have dual RCA inputs should you decide to add a low cost streamer in future. With front-facing reflex ports they are easier to place in tight spaces. No wonder its a high-selling and well-reviewed model on Amazon. On the cons side, some may find the bass a bit boomy... but that can be controlled using the knobs (bass as well as treble) on the side to your liking. Edifier has a range of speakers in an affordable price range so its easy to find one that meets your needs and budget. I wonder how these manufacturers fit in so much at these price points!

View attachment 72610

Edifier has some good options at entry-level prices. My nephew started his stereo journey with the Edifier R1700BT (active speakers) last year on my suggestion. He is quite happy with it - especially the mid-range. I am not a fan of DSP, but at this price-point the in-built DSP does a good job of playing music optimised to the speaker. At just Rs 12.5K (i.e. at the price of a budget Android smartphone) you can have a Bluetooth stereo system up and running, and start playing from your mobile. The speakers are well-built and the sound from the 4k woofers is handful for an average Indian study room but is good enough for small living rooms in the metros. What more, you also have dual RCA inputs should you decide to add a low cost streamer in future. With front-facing reflex ports they are easier to place in tight spaces. No wonder its a high-selling and well-reviewed model on Amazon. On the cons side, some may find the bass a bit boomy... but that can be controlled using the knobs (bass as well as treble) on the side to your liking. Edifier has a range of speakers in an affordable price range so its easy to find one that meets your needs and budget. I wonder how these manufacturers fit in so much at these price points!
I too started with the same Edifier R1700BT. It's a nice pair of powered speakers to start with. Still doing strong for TV audio duty

At 12.5K isn't it overpriced ? One of my colleague has it and no doubt it is one of the better entry level speaker systems. But he had bought it for around 8K few years back.

The Swans D1080 at 15K would be better value above 10K

Some great cheap speakers - keeping in mind price & features
Portable - JBL Charge 5 - Charge 4 which is already a pretty good speaker is now available for around 8K sometimes.
All in one stereo
1 - Edifier - 1280 Series - best bang for buck.
2 - Thonet & Vander
**why not the studio monitors like Mackie or Maudio or kali audio, yes if looks do not matter then yes!

Passive speakers -
1 - Fyne Audio F300
2 - ELAC Debut B6.2
3 - QAcoustics - anything :p

At 12.5K isn't it overpriced ? One of my colleague has it and no doubt it is one of the better entry level speaker systems. But he had bought it for around 8K few years back.

The Swans D1080 at 15K would be better value above 10K
Yes, I too bought it around that price only on some sale time in Amazon. But Edifier still have models starting below 5k and I am sure they will have certain level of quality.

I think we need to have a section for low cost products. I do respect the intent of the forum to be focusing on the hifi audio and experts here are focused rightly so..
Without a right section for low cost audio products, I see that people provide the best solutions, which may not be the solution suited for the ask. There are many people looking for a complete audio system at the cost of some connectors / cable used in hifi audio.

If anyone has any inputs in the sub 3k category
Haven't heard many in that budget, however - Creative is the only company that comes to mind. They have a little speaker called pebble, as far as sub 3K stereo speakers go - I think they are "good".

I'm looking for passive speakers pair (satellite) for 2-3k. This is secondary backup speakers. Anyone have any recos?

There is a brand called "Obage" which is making lot of noise on Amazon and Flipkart from last few years. Personally never heard them, but the user reviews are highly positive.
I have been using one from last 1.5 years and I am very happy with that
I am using Obage HT-303 and it's sound nice and neutral to my ears. I can't compare it to any high end device as I haven't used any. I have Onkyo HTIB and a Sony Midi system. Obage sounds way better than Sony midi system.

I have found Nirvana with a pair of 8 inch Philips hiq which cost me 500 for the drivers and another 3k for the enclosure
These drivers are no longer available in the market. Though there are other brands like Sweton, Award etc. has HiQ drivers now. Not sure how it's comparable with the original Philips drivers.

Speakers will cost 5k pair, fully built, will easily do 15k to 70hz with all the details and dynamics you dream of, giving many branded / expensive BS a run for money and you can play them from a 5 wpc Germanium or class A amp around 10k.

Which speakers are these? Can u post more details about them?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back