Low Pass filter from Speaker level amp output

Shyamtanu

Hi All,

I am novice in this area, hence seeking your help. I have a sub woofer which accepts only LFE from the AV receiver, but I want to also use it with my Stereo amp which is PM6003, and it does not have pre out/LFE, my only option is to use the B speaker terminals and filter everything else out but retain the bass. I understand this is not best solution as there will be chances of overbass as main speakers also get fed by the same overlapping frequency untill they roll off naturally. Looking to get a low pass filter/make one, is that possible?

Regards,
Shyamtanu

No Sir... it only accepts low frequencies as it came with my HT set up, a 165 watt rms sub with freq range from 38 to 150 Hz, the AV Receiver has LFE output. if I can get a custom built a low pass filter that can accept high level input and emit LFE that would be best, not sure this is possible though!

Just thinking of another solution...
1. Is it possible to run the source input in to a low pass filter first and after the LFE is separated out, feed the leftover frequency to PM6003 AUX input.
2. Another option would be to first run the source signal in to a pre amp like TASCAM 100, then pass the outcome in to the low pass filter, then feed the rest in the PM6003, guess I should have had a power amp direct in the amp.

Please help

Regards,
Shyamtanu

Last edited:
1. Is it possible to run the source input in to a low pass filter first and after the LFE is separated out, feed the leftover frequency to PM6003 AUX input.
2. Another option would be to first run the source signal in to a pre amp like TASCAM 100, then pass the outcome in to the low pass filter, then feed the rest in the PM6003, guess I should have had a power amp direct in the amp.

Both the above options need a HPF and a LPF. Probably what you need is this
TLS.org | Passive Line-Level Crossover

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Goldy

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back