low volume in tata sky hd

amateur

Hi,

My connection is as follows :

Tata SKY STB optical out to Denon AVR 1306
TATA SKY HDMI to SONY LCD TV

I mute the TV speakers when I turn on the amp

The HD channel's sound seems to be muffled or not that high enough when I up the volume in amp.

Is it anything to do with Amp or TATA sky audio out ?

Amp works ok in stereo mode though need to increase the volume lot - This is a very old amp Denon 1306 - Due to age will the sound from amp go down ?

Klipsch bookshelf speakers, centre speakers are used - no surround speakers, no subwoofer.

thanks,

Balaji. M

In STB, I tried to keep the audio setting of SPDIF to Dolby Digital only

for HDMI it's kept as Dolby Digital +

I checked it once again.

I take the audio out via the optical out of STB and connect to av receiver. HDMI goes to TV. Despite this I have to set Dolby Digital in HDMI too ?

In essence avr is used only for audio.

In this case we dont have to modify the hdmi settings. Just check whether stb volume level is low or not... Else try with HDM cables. Apart from this i have no other options.

sure, no problem, there is some audio issue which I am unable to figure out , perhaps due to STB which I don't know, but thanks for your suggestions.

I had similar problem with hdmi connection but when I change the audio output to Dolby Digital it just worked fine.

i too had the same problem , pogo channel alone had low sound when i compare to the rest channels though it was only sd. later increased the volume of the stb under user setting its now better & also changed to dolby digital as suggested by forum members

Hi,

My connection is as follows :

Tata SKY STB optical out to Denon AVR 1306
TATA SKY HDMI to SONY LCD TV

I mute the TV speakers when I turn on the amp

The HD channel's sound seems to be muffled or not that high enough when I up the volume in amp.

Is it anything to do with Amp or TATA sky audio out ?

Amp works ok in stereo mode though need to increase the volume lot - This is a very old amp Denon 1306 - Due to age will the sound from amp go down ?

Klipsch bookshelf speakers, centre speakers are used - no surround speakers, no subwoofer.

thanks,

Balaji. M

Yes volume of multi channel is slightly lesser than when in Stereo mode. Running in 3.0 mode, you are missing out on Rear channel all together. Bass will be sent to the Front speakers.

In STB, I tried to keep the audio setting of SPDIF to Dolby Digital only

for HDMI it's kept as Dolby Digital +

I checked it once again.

Why send multi channel to your HDMI which is connected to your TV which is Stereo? If you are using HDMI for display only and TV Audio, then I would suggest setting it to Stereo.

sure, no problem, there is some audio issue which I am unable to figure out , perhaps due to STB which I don't know, but thanks for your suggestions.

Have you tried swapping your Optical cable? Change ends?

MaSh

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back