LP player/Turntable in Bangalore(where can I purchase?)

Chet, if you haven't already bought a TT, I would humbly suggest you take the route of buying a new TT and begin enjoying the pleasures of vinyl playback immediately (without worrying about servicing/repairing any old kit)

Try Audio Planet for one of their Project TT's

Happy listening !!!

I disagree with you about your statement that you need not worry about servicing /repairing new Turntables. I have had several Projects and Rega coming in for servicing with motor complaints and speed issues etc. I would even go to say that a fully refurbished vintage TT will outlast these newbees in the long run. Also, except for RP 3, I have found all entry level TTs to sound not to the expected level of a similar player of 70's and 80's.

I disagree with you about your statement that you need not worry about servicing /repairing new Turntables. I have had several Projects and Rega coming in for servicing with motor complaints and speed issues etc. I would even go to say that a fully refurbished vintage TT will outlast these newbees in the long run. Also, except for RP 3, I have found all entry level TTs to sound not to the expected level of a similar player of 70's and 80's.

I agree with Mr.Kuruvila on this. The build quality of the newer turntables are not that great. The old turntables, from the 1960s and 1970s were built like tanks. If you get a vintage turntable that has not been damaged physically and has all its original parts (some remove parts and replace them with local or other substitutes), it will be easy to service and will play your vinyl for years and years to come.

For example, in the recent past, I purchased a Garrard RC210 changer from a gentleman in Gurgaon. The player was in such pathetic condition, and was damaged severely during transit. With some spare parts and a few weekends spent, the turntable is now working as it would have done back in the day. Interestingly, I wes never worried that I had bought a broken turntable as I new Garrards, when fixed, would get back to how they were before.

According to me, the Projects and Regas of the world are "rubbish" when compared to the vintage Manual or Semi-Automatic Technics Direct Drives or the Garrard idlers.

Here is the original post of the Garrard experience: http://www.hifivision.com/phono-turntables/45138-my-garrard-rc210-restoration-tragedy-ecstasy.html

Dear Chet Baker,
I have Vintage Phillips HiFi International Belt Driven Turntable. Though the MC Catridge is also in good condition, if you replace the MC the TT will become brand new. If U are interested pl mail to nidhiram_mys@ rediffmail.com or call on my mobile 9886990428. I am in Mysore.
Even in Vintage models of TT if you are interested in legendary Direct Drive Turn Tables like Technics,Akai,AKG,Sansui,Hitachi,Nakamichi,Yamaha etc. proceed to Chennai, Richi Street where U can lay our hand on best reliable TurnTables at bargain prices.
Raslibi

Hi. I'm new to vinyl and have a chance to purchase a Technics SL1300mkii turntable with its famous cueing lever failure... Its in good condition and reasonably priced... Can the lever be fixed? It will be my first ever TT if I bite the bullet..

Hi. I'm new to vinyl and have a chance to purchase a Technics SL1300mkii turntable with its famous cueing lever failure... Its in good condition and reasonably priced... Can the lever be fixed? It will be my first ever TT if I bite the bullet..

My mechanic has found a way to overcome the cueing lever problem on my SL1300 Mark 11 but my table has a speed issue which is yet to be rectified. I have no idea how he did it though..

The 1300 does have temperamental speed:) but otherwise it plays very well. Hope you are getting it for a good price.

When my mechanic opened up the SL 1300, I was shocked to see the spread of PCBs and ICs in that player. Highly vulnerable to complaints. I have not seen any other Technics TT with such complicated electronic circuits

Sony PS-313FA on its way from Kottayam ;)
Ditched the Technics but might get it later when I have a few coins to spare :p
Can't wait for it to arrive :yahoo:

Sony PS-313 F is an excellent player IMO. Much lower feed back than many other Direct Drives. I think Sony has a sensor which controls the speed. I would prefer to listen to a Sony DD ore than a Technics

Gosh, the Sony PS 313FA has a monster platter, but I prefer the Technics DDs, especially the SL3200. Of all the turntables I have come across, Technics semi-automatic DDs are extremely reliable, especially my SL3200. It plays and plays, and plays and plays, and plays and plays, faithfully. I don't think I'll ever part with it, despite the shelf having 3 idlers on it, the 401, the L75 and the RC210

I have a Technics GT5200 HiFi System with the Turntable available for sale in Bangalore.

Please contact me if you are still interested

Hi friends,
I am just a vinyls enthusiast not an expert. I am still a student,compared to the "MASTERS" like 'Kuruvilla sir' and some others.
regards,
shafic
Hi there - I am looking for a vintage TT for my living room. I have never used TT but am into music (Rafi, Lata, Nirvana, Hendrix, doors and Dylan is what I mostly listen). I was thinking of experiment with vinyl and am looking for a good set which also aligns with my novice credentials

Hi there - I am looking for a vintage TT for my living room. I have never used TT but am into music (Rafi, Lata, Nirvana, Hendrix, doors and Dylan is what I mostly listen). I was thinking of experiment with vinyl and am looking for a good set which also aligns with my novice credentials
Some novices tend to have 20 lacs budget. :p so pls specify your budget to recommend:
If you are truly a novice id suggest you to get:

1. Project Debut carbon with Ortofon blue cart
2. Project ds2 phono

Both would set you back by about 1.3L

Hi,
Chetan,
I have couple of vintage TTs.

You don't need to spend big money on new ones. Start with vintage TT. Once you have collected a decent nos of LPs then you can go for upgradation, if necessary.
Sending details on your WhatsApp no.

Regards.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back