Lubricant for Turntables.

sureshkuranjalayil

Dear all,

Kindly guide me, how to lubricate (with name of the lubricant) the moving parts of old turntables.

Name of rust preventive chemicals may also be suggested.

Regards,
Suresh

Hi Suresh, you can use Silicone grease which is available at any automotive spare stores. I have used it on my Technics TT, works very well. It can also be used as corrosion-inhibitor and lubricant

For rusted parts use deoxit

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Anil

Dear all,

Kindly guide me, how to lubricate (with name of the lubricant) the moving parts of old turntables.

Name of rust preventive chemicals may also be suggested.

Regards,
Suresh

Hi Suresh, you can use Silicone grease which is available at any automotive spare stores. I have used it on my Technics TT, works very well. It can also be used as corrosion-inhibitor and lubricant

For rusted parts use deoxit

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Anil

Dear Mr. Anil,

Thanks. Is Deoxit available in India ?

Regards,
Suresh

Hi Suresh, it's so SAD .....De-oxit is not available in India. I am looking for this product since 2 years, no luck :sad:
We have shipping restrictions, aerosol sprays are hazardous, some countries do not permit the entry of aerosols except under strictly regulated guidelines through distributors. But we have no distributor for India, but some one can carry De-oxit for you from US.

Anil

Dear Mr. Anil,

Thanks. Is Deoxit available in India ?

Regards,
Suresh

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back