Luxman 210L Tuner repair in Mumbai

navinsinha

I have this lovely analogue tuner but needs some repair. I purchased it about 4 years back and simply forgot about it. I found it again yesterday while cleaning my attic. It powers on and there was some sound for some time but after that, went completely silent. Is there anyone in Mumbai who can repair it?

I did what a layman (I am a zero in technicals) would do - powered on the tuner and left it like that for about 4 hours without connecting it to the amp. After 4 hours connected it to the amp and switched on the tuner. It came to life but the sound is not good - bit muddled! Any suggestions?

It may need careful cleaning, recapping and realignment (if required). Most tuners get all electrolyte caps go to near death due to passing 20 year shelf life or its usage life. It include capacitors in signal paths too. Dust, rust or oxidation gets into contact points of tuning gang. It needs removal without putting cleaning agent into anything unnecessary points. It has ferrite beads into tuning coils which may be relocated due to physical impacts over time or ferrite properties changes over time with ambiance. So it may need realignment with proper signal generators and analyzers.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back