Luxman AVR

spirovious

Hi,

I saw distributor of Luxman AVR in hifi mag at Pune.
AVRs looklike CA azur range.They are Japan.
Any one knows these?

What is the model no.?

As a brand, its OK though it likes to be considered as high end but not good bang for the buck. it is known more for vintage type equipment and depending on the year the product was made, it could be high or low end since the company has gone through so many transformations.

Unless you are getting a great deal, not worth pursuing though owners have mentioned the products to be very musical if you landed one of their originals.

Hi,
In the current avatar its at best Mid Fi. But thats not important as this old Jap company is trying to make a presence in the HT market and the AVR s are their first offerings.
Have not had the chance to hear one in bbay so cant comment.
RDGS

I do not know about their AVRs but their two channel integrated amp L 590 A 11 is abolutely top of the line. Among the best integrated amps available. Its 30 watts Class A solid state.

Many many years ago i inherited a Luxman integrated from an uncle who was migrating. Very decent amplifier. Very modestly powered and would heat up in 15 minutes of music BUT never went into a thermal shutdown even when driven for hours. There was a pop from the speakers every time the power supply would be activated and de activated which put me off.
Sadly i sold it as i never knew its worth and it had all the qualities that did not appeal to a teenager!!!!!! From the money i proudly went and bought the SONY ORSON tape deck + integrated amp + speakers!!!!!!!!!!!
rgds

What is the model no.?

As a brand, its OK though it likes to be considered as high end but not good bang for the buck. it is known more for vintage type equipment and depending on the year the product was made, it could be high or low end since the company has gone through so many transformations.

Unless you are getting a great deal, not worth pursuing though owners have mentioned the products to be very musical if you landed one of their originals.

Model are like-
LR-8500,LR-7500 & LR-6500

http://www.luxman.com.hk/product/index_product.htm

No HDMI?

Last edited:
I would like to know AV Luxman LR 8500 if used in stereo mode, will it give us HiFi quality stereo sound or should I stick with vintage Luxman integrated?

Thanks in advance

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back