Luxman LX-380 Vaccum Tube Integrated

Nikhil

Staff member
main.jpg

Luxman has been making a serious comeback in recent times and some of their new products like the LX-380 Integrated are a sight for sore eyes. Beautiful old school aesthetic with modern sensibility. Who would not like to touch that brushed aluminium face plate with it's shiny knobs and paddle flip switches? This is a piece of gear that harks back to the golden age of audio.

Positive Feedback Review:
https://positive-feedback.com/reviews/hardware-reviews/luxman-lx-380-integrated/

" ... the Luxman LX-380 looks like it belongs in your grandfather's wood paneled den. However, with speakers of above average sensitivity, the LX-380's performance and style deserves to be the centerpiece of an exceptionally involving system. The LX-380 is a must audition for listeners who value natural sound and acoustic performances."

The facia reminds me of Luxman C1010 preamp I had.
I had bought it from FM Rajiv along with Luxman M4000 to drive Tannoy 15.
Luxman of that era was Designed by Tim da Paravinci.

Followed it up a year later with massive class A Luxman M 06a (alpha). This was when Alpine had control over Luxman.

Aesthetic beauty and sublime sound

main.jpg

Luxman has been making a serious comeback in recent times and some of their new products like the LX-380 Integrated are a sight for sore eyes. Beautiful old school aesthetic with modern sensibility. Who would not like to touch that brushed aluminium face plate with it's shiny knobs and paddle flip switches? This is a piece of gear that harks back to the golden age of audio.

Positive Feedback Review:
https://positive-feedback.com/reviews/hardware-reviews/luxman-lx-380-integrated/

" ... the Luxman LX-380 looks like it belongs in your grandfather's wood paneled den. However, with speakers of above average sensitivity, the LX-380's performance and style deserves to be the centerpiece of an exceptionally involving system. The LX-380 is a must audition for listeners who value natural sound and acoustic performances."

Looks very beautiful, I wonder how the sound compares to their SS integrated amps.

Has anyone bought this amp yet. Would love to hear some real world reviews.

Price of this amp I’m INDIA is not at all justified price.
UK price 6000 pounds
US price $7500
Germany price Euro 7000
Not sure how the price in India is not justified, it is cheaper here than UK, USA and Germany retail.
Usually dealers in India mark up International retail price by 30 - 100%.

Cheers,
Sid

@sidvee I suspect the discontent might be due to the price going up from the 4.2l quoted in this thread to 6.55l now
Oh ok, regardless even at that price - 20% over international price (International price seems to be approx 5.5 lac) - is still decent.
Also it appears there has been some price increase, US retail is now $8000 (the price of $7500 that I saw was in the positive feedback magazine review from early last year).
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:
Finally, 3 years later, I auditioned this amplifier.

It looks gorgeous, pictures do not do it justice at all. I was actually turned off by its pics, but in person --- oh la la ....

Sounds fabulous as well. Wish I had blind bought it in 2018, would have saved some serious dough, based on what has happened to my system since then lol.

Finally, 3 years later, I auditioned this amplifier.

It looks gorgeous, pictures do not do it justice at all. I was actually turned off by its pics, but in person --- oh la la ....

Sounds fabulous as well. Wish I had blind bought it in 2018, would have saved some serious dough, based on what has happened to my system since then lol.

That's interesting! Where did you get to audition?
Have heard some really good reviews of this amp from quite a few places.

Is that the one by union square above the Pret a Manger? I visited them couple of years ago. Sound by Singer was also around there somewhere but it is closed now I think.
Cheers,
Sid
Thanks for reminding me about Sound by Singer, I need to visit them this trip. they have quite a few brands that I am curious about.

Thanks for reminding me about Sound by Singer, I need to visit them this trip. they have quite a few brands that I am curious about.
I think they moved to close to Chelsea area. Yes they always had superb selection of equipment, I always enjoyed my visits there. Also if you have time try to visit https://rhapsody.audio/showroom-2/.
They have the $750,000 Magico M9 on audition I believe.
Cheers,
Sid

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back