Lyrita Audio's New Amity Speaker

Thanks Mahi for the info. Me too dont understand the technicalities of the amp but just wanted to know if there is a higer powered SET amp in the Lyrita lineup

Hello all,

If I may, let me try and answer some of the subjective queries.

That last gathering at Lyrita saw us listening to quite a few combinations of equipment, with quite a few individual listeners! What came out clearly, to me atleast, is how uniquely each of us reacted to their favourite selections of music. You can be objective about your music listening, but you cannot isolate your emotional reactions to music. And, why should you - shouldn't you experience music with your whole being!

So, while it's fine to solicit other's opinions to music, your own may vary. Only you can figure that out.

Here are my opinions. There's nothing lacking in bass and highs from tube amps - it's all a matter of perspective. Tube amps do give you a more rounded bass, but it's full of texture. That texture and detail extends through the frequency spectrum, and is one of the most striking differences between tube and solid state amps. It lends more realism, more body, to instruments. The term "accuracy" is an oft misused one when related to music. When music sounds closer to real "live" instruments, it is definitely more accurate!

Those are the finer nuances you hear between the Lyrita 2A3 and 6C33C SET amps. Both have similar sonic signatures, but one may take you further in your enjoyment of music. If you listen to a lot of acoustic music, to classical forms of music, the 2A3 SET amp has a certain richness and bloom that really takes you there.

Of course, we don't listen to components in isolation. There are practical considerations also in putting systems together. Low powered tube amps require high sensitivity speakers. If you like your music loud, and listen to a lot of studio "enhanced" recordings, the more powerful amp will serve you better.

The same reasoning goes in selecting between the Lyrita Harmony and Amity speakers. Both use the same fullrange Fostex driver to reproduce the bulk of the music range. Though, the Amity's will play louder, without compression and with more impact, over a wider range of music.

Regards,
Viren

Well, I will shortly be getting the 2A3C amp on express recommendation from Viren. Will post my impressions on that after I get it and the amp is broken in.

I am looking for floorstanding speakers (musical) for my Yamaha RX V863. Will Amity suit? (As compared with DALI Ikon 6, MA RS6, or Usher X718)

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back