MA RS6 and Marantz PM 8003

ilar

Hi All,

I have just bought Monitor Audio RS6 and Marantz PM 8003 Integrated Amp. I am right now using a Philips DVD player and I am fairly happy with the output. I have used biwiring option with (i suppose) decent cables with banana plugs. Any advices to enjoy good music on this set up? Also, will a dedicated CD player make a lot of difference, if so how much? Does anyone advise on a Marantz CD player? What is the cost?. Please advise. Thanks a lot.

Hey, congrats!

RS6 Tips:

Initially drivers are new and need time to loosen up, so the SQ might be rigid, no soundstage, bright, etc.

Allow speakers to burn-in minimum of 100 hours. You do it either by playing music in the loop 24 x 7 with volume low or play music according to your time and allow it to burn-in slowly.

RS6 toe-in for good soundstage, so experiment accordingly to your room extensively.

Everything will sound smooth after the burn-in period, and that's what happened to me.

:)

Does anyone advise on a Marantz CD player?

Since you've already splurged more on the current setup, I would advise you to take the DAC route. It would workout a lot cheaper without any compromise in SQ, IMO.

You can either get a CA Dacmagic or Beresford Caiman and a decent digital coax for your current setup.

PS: It's just a costeffective method, but if you want only the cdp route, no problem.

Hey Vinod,

Thanks a lot for your advise.

By the way, what is IMO? And can you explain how the DAC works. I do not know anything about that. Thanks.

Last edited:
YMW.

IMO = In My Opinion.
IMHO = In My Humble Opinion.

Regarding DAC, search the forum please, lots of information already discussed.

Last edited:
Hi All,

I have just bought Monitor Audio RS6 and Marantz PM 8003 Integrated Amp. I am right now using a Philips DVD player and I am fairly happy with the output. I have used biwiring option with (i suppose) decent cables with banana plugs. Any advices to enjoy good music on this set up? Also, will a dedicated CD player make a lot of difference, if so how much? Does anyone advise on a Marantz CD player? What is the cost?. Please advise. Thanks a lot.

Hi Ilar,
Your setup is quite similar to mine:MA RX6 with PM8003, with Philips DVD player 727. I would be going for Beresford Caiman DAC in some time(3-4months). I think it should add more details & enable to hear instruments separation. I hope it does not add brightness to the sound.
Do you feel any difference with biwiring? I have not tried this.
Thanks.

@ Friends
Source updgrade shall make a conisderable change. Rather everything in the set up does, there is no priority list on updating a musical rack.

A good source shall enable a thorough scanning of the CD, by thorough i mean detailed ..which you well know should result in the notes and frequencies to be brought out of your speakers, which go unnoticed otherwise.

I have tried listening music via my Panasonic BD player, my Marantz cdp 6001 and Marantz 7001 SACD player ..its a different world altogether. Music shall get more musical.

But then upgradiosis is a bad and contagious infection!

..DAC is a good option, but then you dnt need to compare it with source upgrade. Refining the basic core components is indeed usually costly affair, but there is no alternative for that.

Cheers

Hi Ilar,
Your setup is quite similar to mine:MA RX6 with PM8003, with Philips DVD player 727. I would be going for Beresford Caiman DAC in some time(3-4months). I think it should add more details & enable to hear instruments separation. I hope it does not add brightness to the sound.
Do you feel any difference with biwiring? I have not tried this.
Thanks.

Hi Shagun,

Thanks. If you dont mind, can you share your contact number with me so that I can call you and we can share some ideas. I am sorry if I am troubling you much. Thanks.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back