Made it to Cricinfo..

thevortex

Hey guys,

Finally the Cricinfo guys have bent their rigid editorial standards and allowed one of my pieces to be published there. Maybe they got tired of me sending in piece after silly piece and insisting on calling them cricket articles :). The link to the article is to be found below"

Cricket's own Vicar - Inbox at Cricinfo

As always I value the thoughts and comments of our esteemed members as well.

Many congratulations. :clapping::clapping:

Though, I disagree on many points as usual when the discussion is on SRT, I would not spell them out here. That would make this a debate rather than a celebration.

Best of luck for future articles.

Hey guys,

Finally the Cricinfo guys have bent their rigid editorial standards and allowed one of my pieces to be published there. Maybe they got tired of me sending in piece after silly piece and insisting on calling them cricket articles :). The link to the article is to be found below"

Cricket's own Vicar - Inbox at Cricinfo

As always I value the thoughts and comments of our esteemed members as well.

Congratulations Vortex. Nice article too.

The best part of getting your article in Cricinfo is that it would have probably the largest viewing.

However, I never liked the biased nature of many articles in Cricinfo by their editorial stuff. Does not look like many of them ever picked a cricket bat or ball up in their hands, just are in the team because of reasons other than cricket.

Keep your enthusiasm up for the game.

Regards.

A great article after reading loads of crap in the internet congratulating all marathis as sachine is a marathi himself and calling sachin the "GOD".. :clapping: India is so big yet so small!!

Last edited:
congrats thevortex! nice write up indeed without the usual puffery one sees in articles of these kind.

It would be a great privilege to have your name associated with somelike like Sachin and MRF would have been breaking their heads for not sponsoring the bat!! That bat raised after completing 200* would be etched in my memory for ever.

Adidas is extremely lucky to have their name on Sachin's bat.

Last edited:
Thank you everybody. This is now accessible right off the front page of Cricinfo.

Asit - yes, I too am pretty opinionated when it comes to cricket. Ahem - I hear Venkat chuckling 'what are you not opinionated about?' :). But I guess the coverage is good as far as the cricket world is concerned.

Raghav - I wonder what you disagree about. I am sure we could open a different thread to discuss those, if you would like that.

Hi Vortex

.....if we eliminate the possibilities one by one it only leaves one last item. That Sachin Tendulkar needs the game just like we mortals need our oxygen...

I salute the IMMORTAL SACHIN and the fan who nicely described it.

Wish you for more such articles.

Regards

Sub

Video: Panny 32 LCD, PS3, Sony DVP-NS78H, Samsung DVD-P365H, WDTV, Big TV.
Audio: Yamaha RX-V661, Sansui G-5000, Hand Made Towers for stereo, Pioneer Linear Power for HT with Onkyo SL-107 powered sub.

Hi Vortex

.....if we eliminate the possibilities one by one it only leaves one last item. That Sachin Tendulkar needs the game just like we mortals need our oxygen...

I salute the IMMORTAL SACHIN and the fan who nicely described it.

Wish you for more such articles.

Regards

Sub

Video: Panny 32 LCD, PS3, Sony DVP-NS78H, Samsung DVD-P365H, WDTV, Big TV.
Audio: Yamaha RX-V661, Sansui G-5000, Hand Made Towers for stereo, Pioneer Linear Power for HT with Onkyo SL-107 powered sub.

Somehow I rear circinfo...

If anyone of you know what it is, youll know why I was like WTH when I read the heading O_O , the most primitive practise of the supposedly leading nation of the world.

Congrats Bala! When reading through the article, i saw 2 streams of thoughts, one obviously about the interplay between Sachin & the game and two about your own observations on the "why" (justifications to some degree). For instance, "...then nobody qualifies to be a Vicar quite as much as Tendulkar."

Maybe I am reading too much into it :)

Thank you everybody!

Marsilians - I am not sure what your question is actually:). My thought process was simple - given that sport itself is such a vicarious pursuit, nobody other than Sachin facilitiates that process quite as much as Sachin Tendulkar. Hence the concept of him being the Vicar:).

Actually sport being a vicarious pursuit was actually subject material for a poem that I had long been meaning to write. But then Sachin came through and it all seemed to just fit in. Hope I did answer your question.

Thank you everybody!

Marsilians - I am not sure what your question is actually:). My thought process was simple - given that sport itself is such a vicarious pursuit, nobody other than Sachin facilitiates that process quite as much as Sachin Tendulkar. Hence the concept of him being the Vicar:).

Actually sport being a vicarious pursuit was actually subject material for a poem that I had long been meaning to write. But then Sachin came through and it all seemed to just fit in. Hope I did answer your question.

I had no questions just my observations. based on what you just said, I can definitely see the fit between what you were thinking and the prose that came through. Good luck on future endeavours!

Hi Bala!

Congrats! Your article about Sachin has veered away from the beaten path. You have hit the nail about the setting and art.I really enjoyed it.:)Instead of nitpicking I think we should learn to enjoy the greatness of our sports persons and be greatful that they delight millions with their skill.
Well done Bala!

cheers,
sri

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back