Magadheera DVD released

subhash

Magadheera DVD

company- sri balaji video
Price -220/-
2 dvds - dvd1 main movie (7.5 GB )
-dvd 2 special features and making of the movie
Audio- dolby digital

At times were i have been hooked to blurays this dvd transfer is one of the best of our desi movies . other companies shud look at this dvd transfer offered from Sri balaji videos

The P/Q is amazing except in a couple of scenes where its blurrish ,but nothing to worry as this happens only twice and its only for a few seconds.

The audio is dolby digital ,very crisp and exciting ,low frequencies are absolutely hard hitting and tight , though the high frequencies cud have been a little softer , but i had no issues and dint have to adjust any settings on the AVR , and it cud be played at reference levels without any issues unlike the other indian movie releases that too on Blurays

overall a very good DVD transfer from Sri balaji video , i wish these guys would come out with a greater BD transfer

Hats of to sri Balaji video for this fantastic offering:clapping: this definetly is one of the better, indian dvd transfer
Definetly a worthy buy till its blu ray release

Last edited:
Magadheera DVD
Hats of to sri Balaji video for this fantastic offering:clapping: this definetly is one of the better, indian dvd transfer

+1 to that. Quality of DVD is excellent which is rare thing even for bollywood movies. It just increased expectations on Blu ray. Eagerly waiting for the Blu ray...Hope this won't turn out like King and Arundathi.

Magadheera DVD

+1 to that. Quality of DVD is excellent which is rare thing even for bollywood movies. It just increased expectations on Blu ray. Eagerly waiting for the Blu ray...Hope this won't turn out like King and Arundathi.

This is a good buy even for the non Telugu speaking people.

Guys, I saw a news item in one of the local papers last week that the BD of Magadheera has been released. And here they say "BlueRay DVD" has been released :eek:hyeah: ;) What is this BlueRay DVD? Is it a new format?

Guys, I saw a news item in one of the local papers last week that the BD of Magadheera has been released. And here they say "BlueRay DVD" has been released :eek:hyeah: ;) What is this BlueRay DVD? Is it a new format?

i suppose it shud be Bluray and dvd ???
but as of now bluray hasnt been released ,it shud be out soon

this one is a great entertainer, already watched the dvd twice , some of the action scenes are very good and complimented with a great background score -----hope the BD hits the market soon and if it betters the dvd then its going to be a real treat:licklips:

"Quality of DVD is excellent which is rare thing even for bollywood movies"

Idlebrain,

Your above statement implies Bollywood DVDs are generally better. It is not the case. Most of the time, I find Tamil and Telugu DVDs (of new movies) to be far superior in AV quality than the latest and most expensive Bollywood DVDs. Very rarely you would find Hindi DVDs with DTS audio while most of the Tamil and Telugu movies come with crisp DTS. I can even go to the extent of saying some of them are far superior to the Hollywood releases.

What is more, in most of the Telugu DVDs one can find a separate option in the Main Menu to play only the audio tracks of the songs in DTS.

Warm Regds / Shailender

"

What is more, in most of the Telugu DVDs one can find a separate option in the Main Menu to play only the audio tracks of the songs in DTS.

Warm Regds / Shailender

Yes:) The option of giving the audio tracks in DVD is a good option, however there will be menu to play video songs alone that also can be played in DTS format and it solves the purpose.

Yes its a DVD Disc which is "Blu" in color.........:eek:hyeah: :lol: :eek:hyeah:
There was also a format in mid 80s known as "Audio CD Cassette".......

the Blu ray of magadheera has been released in hyderabad some time back got to know this from a friend its priced at 1200/-

i believe it was released along with the dvd

not yet released in bangalore , shud be available soon

idlebrain cud you kindly chk out in stores if the BD has been released in hyd

thanks and regards

idlebrain cud you kindly chk out in stores if the BD has been released in hyd

thanks and regards

It is not released along with DVD, supposed to got released 2 weeks after DVD release but not available in stores yet.As you said price would be 1200/- from what I heard from stores.

THE BLU RAY OF MAGHADERA IS RELEASED

Company --Sri balaji
Price-1100/-
video-1080P
Audio-Uncompressed LPCM , Dolby digital 5.1

Got my copy of the BD today for 990/- got a 10:/: discount from calypso ,jayanagar ,bangalore

The BD transfer is absolutely fantastic!!! in all departments
Video quality is top class and SQ is superb too (i chkd it out with uncompressed LPCM) absolutely NO harshness or highlighting of any frequencies and channels

Logos appear at the bottom of the screen only for a few seconds at the begining of each song

A great BD transfer ---its the best desi BD till date for me ,wonder if this transfer was done here by Balaji videos

Again a Great Job by Sri Balaji Videos :clapping:

Last edited:
THE BLU RAY OF MAGHADERA IS RELEASED

A great BD transfer ---its the best desi BD till date for me ,wonder if this transfer was done here by Balaji videos

Again a Great Job by Sri Balaji Videos :clapping:

Thats nice.I haven't checked it yet.will check it tomorrow. I personally felt DVD itself got great quality in PQ and SQ.
How you rate it compared to DVD?Is there a big difference in PQ?

The BD is far superior

Theres a major improvement in both SQ/PQ

PQ is fantastic ,very sharp and crisp transfer, kajol agarwal and ram charan wud have never looked this good with great skin tones .colors are fabulous

SQ simply blows (the Audio of the dvd was slightly bright ,thats been taken care of here in the BD )

The PQ of the 17th century scenes are simply awesome

Though in one of the CGI of the horse chase scene looks a little suspect, but it makes up with a great background score

Its a great buy and some scenes can be used for showing off your system

I bought this BD y'day. True to subash's comments its an excellent BD.Particularly the Audio.Its amazing through out the film with out any inconsistency .
Here is a review from bluray.com on this BD again its not from one of those experts.
Magadheera Blu-ray User Reviews (2010)

thanks for the link , thats a really nice write up

and very truly as said its the best indian BD to date

Last edited:
"Quality of DVD is excellent which is rare thing even for bollywood movies"

Idlebrain,

Your above statement implies Bollywood DVDs are generally better. It is not the case. Most of the time, I find Tamil and Telugu DVDs (of new movies) to be far superior in AV quality than the latest and most expensive Bollywood DVDs. Very rarely you would find Hindi DVDs with DTS audio while most of the Tamil and Telugu movies come with crisp DTS. I can even go to the extent of saying some of them are far superior to the Hollywood releases.

Warm Regds / Shailender

Most DVD titles from SriBalaji have a great audio track.. of the ones I have I like sound of Indra, Nuvvostanante Nenoddantaana.. and Varsham is okay too.. in those 3 movies the sound is pretty good too. I would buy any of their releases.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back