Magnat Sound?

Hi, i agree with anubhav and ramanjogi comments, have been using the supreme 1000s for the last 6 months or so. I hear mostly ghazals and classic music (instrumental & hindustani) apart from regular dose of hindi songs. the speakers respond to Jagjit Singh's voice as if they are designed around him. i bought them blindly but was lucky that they suited my music (free advise - pls donot make blind purchases however reputed the brand may be - particularly no no for relatively unknown brands like magnats)

due to lack of many reviews on supremes (in english) i had spent many hours searching foreign forums for the users comments and most had praised the supreme series. it feels nice to see others liking the speakers - thanks anubhav. i know how wharfedales sound (have 9.0s and heard 9.1s many times), however prefer the magnats most of the time, the wharfs better them in certain tracks though, i ordered for CA S30s (yes! another convert due to Play It Clear - god bless them), are expected to arrive by friday. Will compare them with magnats and see how they fare.

Btw, the magnats sound fantastic for movies, i have not heard of many other setups, but doubt whether other brands in that range can come close to their amazing performance, no fatigue even at high volume levels and lightning response, they make my modest onkyo amp look good. Also they play really well with Topping amps due to their high sensitivity i feel, their bookshelves should make an intriguing choice for topping lovers, going by the few reviews the supreme 200 should do well, wonder if any one tested them. but the recent price hikes make the magnats less atractive unless suddenly people are warming up for the brand, there is a disproportinate increase in their prices, more than 30% compared to march / april when i bought them.

will post my views after comparing the S30s once they arrive, bye for now.

Gautam

sgautam

Thanks for your feedback on the magnat's. You are right the current price hike is making magnat deals a little unattractive. May be we are among the few lucky one's who grabbed them at the right time , just when the brand was really new for indian customers and dealers too were very much interested in selling magnats no matter even at handsome discounts.

I have the Supreme 2000 towers and mind it they have amazing build quality and finishing. Each tower weighs a good 23+kgs.

So far I am very happy with the magnats and expect to be even more happier , when I will be upgrading my DAC or might be adding a dedicated CDP.

Please post your impressions on the CA-S30's. And do share the price at which you've got them. As my norge amp is lying idle now-a-days, so i am in search for a decent pair of BS/FS to pair with my norge 1000 and make this combo usable as a secondary setup in my PC room.

i owned pair of magnat quantum 655 floor standing speakers connected to the marantz sr 6006.

What strikes me is the very deep bass. Magnat speakers give the music a proper foundation, and bass guitar and drums get a heaviness that few speakers bestowed.

The lower midrange is not as prominent as that of the very best, so the voices and guitars can sound a bit thin.

Treble spot is quick and distinct, speakers execute everything that happens.

In my opinion these speakers carry out the best when you listen stereo music especially deep bass fashioned in 70s and 80s pop. You will get captivated while listening the magical deep voice of jagjit singh and fusion music of abida parvee.

Watching movie in my acoustically treated home theater brings a height of ecstasy paired with these amazing speakers.

The pair cost me around 45000 inr right here in my home town with one year guarantee yes guarantee for drivers.

sir
i purchased marantz sr5006. I also planing to buy magnat 1000 series .it is perfet for marantz. My room size is 10.5*14, i like 90%(5.1 music),kindly reply ur sugg.adv thanks
jana

I have heard the Magnats few times and was not impressed at all. Comparing with other speakers in the same price category, The magnat speakers looses lots of notes and a very muddy sound. The build may be good, but definitely not a vfm product.

Regards

I have heard the Magnats few times and was not impressed at all. Comparing with other speakers in the same price category, The magnat speakers looses lots of notes and a very muddy sound. The build may be good, but definitely not a vfm product.

Regards

Friend, With which amplifier were the magnat's paired? In your frequent auditions where all have you auditioned them ? Was the room treated for acoustics ?
The pair your auditioned was new out of the box or had been given time to burn in ?

I came up with such questions, because I myself own a pair of Magnat 2000 towers, and I don't have such complaints as mentioned by you. My towers have dual 8inch drivers for lows, which produces a little heavy bass which is the only cause of concern for me, that too because I am using them in a 10x12 sized room. Else I am pretty happy with the performance of magnat's.

Till now what I have figured out it for a small room its always better to opt for bookshelves as they can perform the best there, and for tower speakers one should have room size of 250sqft and above.

Though I might sale my towers soon cause I am not able to utilize there full potential considering my limited room size.

The room I listen to magnat was well treated and I remember they were using a Pioneer and latter switched on to the Marantz. Comparing with the Boston and the Dali they had, the Magnat were totally outplayed and they sounded very ordinary and pathetic.
Brother , You try listen to few other speakers and then you will know the flaws of Magnat. And I dont think there is any German connection to this speaker. Purely a Chinese design and make. But this is just my opinion,your views may vary.

Best Regards

My Magnat supreme 1000 are simply outstanding in my home theater. For this price I haven't found anything that can come close. I can only imagine what the Supreme 2000 (with 8" woofers) sounds like. These elevate my HT experience to another level and are very powerful. I'd recommend highly for Home Theaters. I am not a critical music listener and do not use this system to listen to music so cannot comment there.

Hey recently i was offered Magnat quantam 677 by a dealer in Ahmedabad 5 speaker set for around 2.45lacs. My other option is dali icon 7.. what say?

Back