Malvai's system

Thanks for chipping in Bhagwan!

Yes the base of the R's are isolated... they sit on the spikes (provided by you, along with the speakers).

I absolutely love the R's. Don't think I will have to upgrade for a looooooooooooooooooooong time!

Also, correct me if I am wrong, I think W4S sacs sold in the US are 110-120v. If yes, are you using a stepdown?

You can tell them to give you a 220v version. Otherwise step sown transformers are always there.

The Drivers - Woofer is ATD - Vapour Deposited Titanium - Italian
Tweeter - Ribbon - Alain Bernanrd [Ex-Raven Designer] BEE Engineering - France

Regardless who made the drivers, they are very very good drivers. Specially the tweeter module. It's a very neutral (natural) sounding tweeter without any harshness or sweetness. Like I like to say -- juss the way I like 'em :D

Thinking of a all new direction, as mentioned in another thread.... and while I love the R and Accuphase pairing, I will have to make way for the Altec's!

Will be listing them soon!

Hey Malvai,

Interesting move !! I am sure you heard some Altec setup and got enamored enough to make this move. Will this be an all tube setup ? Also which setup did you hear :):) ?

Thinking of a all new direction, as mentioned in another thread.... and while I love the R and Accuphase pairing, I will have to make way for the Altec's!

When are the cabinets and amps arriving? Curious about your impressions on the speakers and the Class D amps from Kanwar

Hey Malvai,

Interesting move !! I am sure you heard some Altec setup and got enamored enough to make this move. Will this be an all tube setup ? Also which setup did you hear :):) ?

I had heard these at Cybervinay's place... but in undersized cabinets!
He had bottehead SET amps... Love the mid's on these!

When are the cabinets and amps arriving? Curious about your impressions on the speakers and the Class D amps from Kanwar

Jai, the cabs and amps shoul arrive sometime end of this month.... Kanwar has to confirm dates... the hitch is that his cabinet maker is in Punjab and due to the extreme weather there the polish took forever to dry up!

I am really dying to hear the outcome too!

I am one of the guys, in the background, keenly watching your build. This is part of my research effort on the way towards my Altec vs Tannoy decision.

I had heard these at Cybervinay's place... but in undersized cabinets!
He had bottehead SET amps... Love the mid's on these!

Ahthat explains it ! Going by some of the things Vinay has on sale sometimes, he should a treasure house of knowledge.

Thanks for chipping in Bhagwan!

Yes the base of the R's are isolated... they sit on the spikes (provided by you, along with the speakers).

I absolutely love the R's. Don't think I will have to upgrade for a looooooooooooooooooooong time!

I guess the 'R's are 'out' & the Altec is in.

I never heard the 'R's @ your place.
But, I liked the Altec - the way it played @ your house.

You obviously like the Altec's more.
Else, you would not have changed the 'R's

Great.

Enjoy.

I do hope that the 'R's find a home some where....
All the Best with your sale;;

Enjoy the Altec's !

:licklips:

Hi Bhagwan, missed the above post! Just saw it!

It's not as if I like the altec's more than the R's. It's simply a question of not being able to keep both.

The R's are definitely more high resolution in terms of the HF, and equally good on dynamics.

I hope I find someone who will appreciate them like you and I did.

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back