Many people suggest Norge. What other brands compete with this?

Naveenbnc

Hello All,

I found that many people here are suggesting Norge 2060 or Nore gold1000.

Just out of curiosity I am asking, what other amplifier brands are available within the same price range (10-15k) that can compete with Norge in terms of music quality?

Can anybody throw some light please???

Thanks
Naveen

Some two years back they say sonodyne amps are closer to them . But now the prices are raised. So no competition.
Again with respect to the power they deliver for the price, unbeatable.

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using Tapatalk

A difficult price to beat, but there are a few options to look at in a similar price bracket - approx Rs 15K
- used versions of entry level amplifiers from marantz, nad, cambridge audio etc
- vintage amplifiers that could be had for low prices, but comes with a risk of maintenance. Yamaha, sony, pioneer, kenwood, technics etc are all good brands with solid vintage heritage
- A third option is to go the 'DIY' route and build yourself a good amplifier.
- one more.....check out class T based amplifiers such as Topping, which can be had for even less. These may not be able to drive all speakers since they work better with high sensitivity speakers

best,
apk

check the following

allo volt amp, not heard it but seems to be interesting.

dnm audio a-302

topping class t amps which are rather limited in appeal with regard to inputs/performance

cambridge audio topaz am5

Hi guys
I have a pair of Dynaudio Bookshelf speakers BM6. i am currently using Advance Acoustic MAP 101 amp.
Would it be better to upgrade to Norge? Any other local brand I can try? Want to spend about 35k

Hi guys
I have a pair of Dynaudio Bookshelf speakers BM6. i am currently using Advance Acoustic MAP 101 amp.
Would it be better to upgrade to Norge? Any other local brand I can try? Want to spend about 35k

Carry your existing setup to Norge dealer, compare it with Norge and then decide. Always play your favourite songs for comparison

Hello All,

I found that many people here are suggesting Norge 2060 or Nore gold1000.

Just out of curiosity I am asking, what other amplifier brands are available within the same price range (10-15k) that can compete with Norge in terms of music quality?

Can anybody throw some light please???

Thanks
Naveen

I own a Norge concerto gold since 10 years its rock solid no problems whatever. only the draw back is it lacks that extra bass & punch!! there is no loudnes button which is very useful when you listen in at low volume. mids are superb. if you are not particular about that punchy kick ass bass then surely you can opt for this Amp. Gazals, country songs sound the best. vocals are at its best. I have pushed in a planet audio 4 band equalizer between the dvd & the amp so my requirement of heavy bass is solved. the amp is worth the every penny you pay for it.

Hello Changappa,

Its interesting to know that you added an equalizer.
Bu the way, which speakers did you use with norge amp?
After adding the equalizer did you get good bass from the speakers itself? Or did you use a subwoofer?

Thanks for responding,
Naveen

you should have a look at the chinese amps based on the TPA3116D2 (for a fraction of the price)
Alternately, eight audio/diyaudiocart should be able to do a custom build for you in that price range
I am using a TPA3116D2 chip based amplifier, 2x50 watts. Costs below Rs 1k for the board an 1k for PS. Its easy to make.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

I am just curious to see your setup with the chip and speakers. Pictures please if possible..

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using Tapatalk

Hello Changappa,

Its interesting to know that you added an equalizer.
Bu the way, which speakers did you use with norge amp?
After adding the equalizer did you get good bass from the speakers itself? Or did you use a subwoofer?

Thanks for responding,
Naveen

sorry for the delay. in fact I have a pair of vintage Akkai big 3 way bookshelves with 10" subs. recently I tumbled upon a pair of ARGOX sub woofers in a local electronic shop which looked quite good and on testing I found it very interesting so I took a chance and replaced the old subs in my boxes. believe me the performance is awesome. the quality and the finish of the subs were fantastic but no made in country written on them!! pure hi fi don't need a separate sub woofer.
also the source like original cds and a good cd/dvd player makes a lot of difference in a set up. equalizer perfectly blends with the amplifier. you have to put the amp on flat mode. equalizer will take care of your treble and bass.

Last edited:
oooh... there you are !!! put the amp in flat mode and add external equalizer. Good to know !!!
Thanks a lot ...

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back