Marantz 6013 & Klipsch Reference

rmranjith

Hello FMs,

I have a room size of 16x11feet and I have almost decided on Marantz 6013 and Klipsch speakers after spending much time on comparison and discussing with others. I like everything about SR6013 other than one the display part. I feel it is pretty small and has less information compared to 7103. I don't feel it is a good option to spend extra for 7013 for having a display. I would watch movies and listen to music equally.
I am still confused about the speaker package. I have now decided for Klipsch package and svs pb 100 subwoofer
Klipsch R820 F TOWER
R34C
R14S
Svs pb1000
These belong to the reference series and the tower has 8" inch woofers. I hear that reference series' high is somewhat piercing to the ears but at the same time reference premium has better highs and has been refined. I get the reference premium RP600F for almost or for a bit higher price compared to the R820F but then the driver would be of 6".
  1. What would be the best configuration for the towers ? 6" RP600F or 8" R820Fs.
  2. Is R34C a good center or to be replaced with R52C?
  3. Is there any equivalent from Denon which can match with Marantz 6013 both in terms of price and performance?
  4. I get these at these rates. Is this decent rate or that I am quoted an exorbitant price?
  5. Klipsch R820 F TOWER - 88000
    R34C - 33750
    R14S - 24000
    Svs pb1000 - 57700
    Marantz 6013- 82570
  6. Polk RTiA7 series is cheaper compared to this Klipsch. Going with Polk would be a better option?
  7. I believe SVS PB1000 can beat the Klipsch subs anytime but again the price is high for the SVS.
  8. Should I spend extra for the 7013 for the display feature. Other than that I believe power output wise the 6013 can drive Klipsch without any issues.

I would be thankful to everyone if you can help me with the your suggestions.

Thanks,
RMRanjith

Hello FMs,

I have a room size of 16x11feet and I have almost decided on Marantz 6013 and Klipsch speakers after spending much time on comparison and discussing with others. I like everything about SR6013 other than one the display part. I feel it is pretty small and has less information compared to 7103. I don't feel it is a good option to spend extra for 7013 for having a display. I would watch movies and listen to music equally.
I am still confused about the speaker package. I have now decided for Klipsch package and svs pb 100 subwoofer
Klipsch R820 F TOWER
R34C
R14S
Svs pb1000
These belong to the reference series and the tower has 8" inch woofers. I hear that reference series' high is somewhat piercing to the ears but at the same time reference premium has better highs and has been refined. I get the reference premium RP600F for almost or for a bit higher price compared to the R820F but then the driver would be of 6".
  1. What would be the best configuration for the towers ? 6" RP600F or 8" R820Fs.
  3. Is there any equivalent from Denon which can match with Marantz 6013 both in terms of price and performance?
  4. I get these at these rates. Is this decent rate or that I am quoted an exorbitant price?
    R34C - 33750
    R14S - 24000
    Svs pb1000 - 57700
    Marantz 6013- 82570
  6. Polk RTiA7 series is cheaper compared to this Klipsch. Going with Polk would be a better option?
  7. I believe SVS PB1000 can beat the Klipsch subs anytime but again the price is high for the SVS.
  8. Should I spend extra for the 7013 for the display feature. Other than that I believe power output wise the 6013 can drive Klipsch without any issues.

Thanks,
RMRanjith

I picked up the 6013 over the Denon x4500H and 7013. The Denon was a bit harsh for my liking. I too had the feeling the display would be tiny and crummy but honestly, I forgot about it since day 2 and it gives you just the right info. The AVR is set about 12 feet from me and I just use my projector to navigate/see info. I think that's true for any AVR it just is hard to see from their usual installed location. My 2c.

What would be the best configuration for the towers ? 6" RP600F or 8" R820Fs.

Subwoofers will handle the low freq.. Even if you have floorstanders, you will anyways set them to small and set a crossover of 80Hz.. So dual 6 inch (or) 8 inch drivers on the floorstanders will help produce 80hz onwards.. For a speaker to reproduce 80Hz onwards, either of them should do it fine.. IMO, dual 6.5 inch should just be fine..

Is R34C a good center or to be replaced with R52C?

R34c is a front ported center channel, should be easy to place close to wall without issues.. has multiple drivers ( 4 x 3.5inch drivers).. Am guessing height should be less..

while R52c is rear ported, may demand some space from wall.. has dual drivers (2 x 5.25).. If you can accomodate R34c, then should be a good buy..

Is there any equivalent from Denon which can match with Marantz 6013 both in terms of price and performance?

Denon x 3600..

If you have a dedicated room and if you like this idea, you may consider it.. A large bookshelf should be more than enough.. Use as many identical speakers as you can, like 7 (or) 5 speakers for the bed channels (including BS for center).. This would give you seamlesss sound reproduction around the room..

Spend the saved money on a 2nd identical sub (preferably) as your 1st sub.. These two should take care of solid low freq in your room, while the rest of the bookshelf speakers should be able to justify their job easily..

Klipsch RP series 6" woofer has absolutely best bass response. Also there is no muddiness due to upper bass creeping in to lower mid range. Treble is sweet.

Klipsch RP series 6" woofer has absolutely best bass response. Also there is no muddiness due to upper bass creeping in to lower mid range. Treble is sweet.
I’m getting that rp6000 for around 99K . Is 6”inch really enough or to go for 8” but then it’s around 40k difference . And for my room I think 6”inch would suffice . But at the same time RtiA9 is available for the same price of rp6000 . How good would be two 6” when compared to the RtiA9

Hello FMs,

Klipsch R820 F TOWER
R34C
R14S
Svs pb1000
    R34C - 33750
    R14S - 24000
    Svs pb1000 - 57700
    Marantz 6013- 82570

Thanks,
RMRanjith

Hi Ranjith,

If you are happy with the SR 6013 then go for it. Dont worry about display since anyways you will not be able to see the contents on the display window of generally any receiver from the MLP.
You can see the setup information display & files/folder on the TV display which is much better.
Its not worth spending much more just for approx 15 watts extra & a full window display which won't matter at all. I have the SR 7011 & very rarely use the big display behind the flap, as good as not using it.
If you feel the price of SVS is high, then you can also try XTZ, Rythmic & Bic PL 200 II.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back