Marantz announces pm6007-amp-and-cd6007

I just wish they had added some 15-20 watts per channel in terms of power. Somehow, 45 watts sounds under powered. Should be an interesting pick nevertheless.

I just realized that Marantz, Denon, Onkyo, Pioneer, Classe, Definitive Technologies, Polk Audio, and Boston Acoustics all are owned by the same company. Monopoly on a global scale for AVRs!

Who are the competition? Sony? Others such as CA, NAD have no chance on that scale.

I just wish they had added some 15-20 watts per channel in terms of power. Somehow, 45 watts sounds under powered. Should be an interesting pick nevertheless.
When Marantz pulled in digital into their IAs (a decade ago) something had to give way.
To hold the price point, I guess they limited the power supply section, is my guess.
They are still a great proposition for budget gear (50xx and 60xx series)

Cheers,
Raghu

I just realized that Marantz, Denon, Onkyo, Pioneer, Classe, Definitive Technologies, Polk Audio, and Boston Acoustics all are owned by the same company. Monopoly on a global scale for AVRs!

Who are the competition? Sony? Others such as CA, NAD have no chance on that scale.
They were trying to acquire Onkyo-Pioneer but didnt work out. So effectively three mainstream groups for AVRs - Denon/Marantz, Onkyo/Pioneer and Yamaha. Then people like Sony etc

Marantz and denon are separate fro onkyo and pioneer last i heard, though they were in talks to merge. Did it go through finally?

Marantz and denon are separate fro onkyo and pioneer last i heard, though they were in talks to merge. Did it go through finally?
Nah. As Jai said, Onkyo pulled the plug. But the Denon parent company is still trying. Onkyo is not making money with Denon and Marantz leading the market. The innovations from these two companies are faster and more pronounced.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back