Marantz CD Player or Marantz Network CD Player

capgp

Hello,

Currently I’m playing my audio CDs via Marantz UD7007 which is a Blu Ray Player and for streaming I’m using Arcam rplay. I’ve to return the BDP as it’s part of HT setup at my Dad’s place and also been coming across various post stating it’s better to have stand alone CDP for better sound quality.

Currently I’ve three options in my mind.
1) Marantz CD6006 + Arcam rPlay
2) Marantz CD6007 + Arcam rPlay

( Above two will require additional AudioQuest RCA )

3) Marantz ND8006 (CD + Stream ). This option won’t require separate RCA and I can part away with Arcam rPlay.

I request forum members for their suggestions.

Thanks.

I think your answer and heart lies in point 3).
If you have a large collection of CD's, good amp and good speakers, then it would make sense to go in for a separate CDP. I would prefer the 6007 over the 6006.

If you have a few CDs and require streaming, then an all in one like 8006 would make sense. No need for any additional gear in the chain and you could sell the rplay as well.

Hello,

Currently I’m playing my audio CDs via Marantz UD7007 which is a Blu Ray Player and for streaming I’m using Arcam rplay. I’ve to return the BDP as it’s part of HT setup at my Dad’s place and also been coming across various post stating it’s better to have stand alone CDP for better sound quality.

3) Marantz ND8006 (CD + Stream ). This option won’t require separate RCA and I can part away with Arcam rPlay.

Thanks.
I have had both 600x series and 800x series. There is no comparison in build quality. 8006 series is basically the old Pearl Lite series with modern tweaks. They are built in the same factory as the Reference line in Japan.
Although 6007 and 8006 share the same drive, other components are different. As is the overall quality. Only downside is, cramming too many things in one box means if it malfunctions, you are stopped from using both the CD and streaming.

I think your answer and heart lies in point 3).
If you have a large collection of CD's, good amp and good speakers, then it would make sense to go in for a separate CDP. I would prefer the 6007 over the 6006.

If you have a few CDs and require streaming, then an all in one like 8006 would make sense. No need for any additional gear in the chain and you could sell the rplay as well.
I do have lot of CDs. And usage is 50/50 between CDP and rPlay. I’m looking at option 2 in that case.

I have had both 600x series and 800x series. There is no comparison in build quality. 8006 series is basically the old Pearl Lite series with modern tweaks. They are built in the same factory as the Reference line in Japan.
Although 6007 and 8006 share the same drive, other components are different. As is the overall quality. Only downside is, cramming too many things in one box means if it malfunctions, you are stopped from using both the CD and streaming.
That’s one thing to keep in mind, thanks for pointing it out. Looks like option 2 it is.

Hello,

Thanks.
CREEK CDP good option, its having good dac also

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back