Marantz CD Player

What normally we expect is a list of Brand/Models Price vs Quality in ascending orders so that we can choose as per our budget.

@alwayslogo as per your budget, 5005 might be the best available option, unless you stumble upon a great used piece.

On another note, if at all you can push your budget slightly more and if you have good negotiation skills and can get a little price cut on it, get the Denon DCD 600Ne.

Should I buy Marantz CD 5005 ? Heard a lot about reading issues.... Any other alternative at same price range ?

Before buying any old or new CD player these days (all makes and brands), the first thing one must do is to check the availability of OEM replacement laser transports. This is specifically relevant when buying Marantz CD players. The player will function very well during the lifetime of its original OEM laser transport but once that goes out, the replacement Chinese laser transports are absolutely rubbish sometimes lasting for 2-3 months :)

Some great cd players like the Marantz CD63 series were sunk as their original Philips VAM lasers are not easily available or more expensive than the player itself.

If you can sort out this laser replacement scenario, Marantz cd players are the best in my opinion. Folk sell them off only because of this laser replacement issue :) (generally using upgrade as the excuse :) )

Before buying any old or new CD player these days (all makes and brands), the first thing one must do is to check the availability of OEM replacement laser transports. This is specifically relevant when buying Marantz CD players. The player will function very well during the lifetime of its original OEM laser transport but once that goes out, the replacement Chinese laser transports are absolutely rubbish sometimes lasting for 2-3 months :)

Some great cd players like the Marantz CD63 series were sunk as their original Philips VAM lasers are not easily available or more expensive than the player itself.

If you can sort out this laser replacement scenario, Marantz cd players are the best in my opinion. Folk sell them off only because of this laser replacement issue :) (generally using upgrade as the excuse :) )
I have had my fair share of nightmare with Marantz CDP. None of the service centre could repair it. Now it's lying in one of the service centres to be used a shelf to store biscuits may be :D .
I am eyeing to get a Denon DCD 800 NE since I heard that spare parts are available for Denon.

I have had my fair share of nightmare with Marantz CDP. None of the service centre could repair it. Now it's lying in one of the service centres to be used a shelf to store biscuits may be :D .
I am eyeing to get a Denon DCD 800 NE since I heard that spare parts are available for Denon.
model no and problem of marantz let me know will try to source parts if possible

I have Xbox one x with blu ray driver can anyone elaborate the difference b/w this blu ray player to the more costly standalone players

sorry for noob question

yeah the SFP101N is a bit flaky, but its cheap too. You can get a new one for $10. I've bought around 5 of them for my onkyo C7030. That should be enough to hold be over. if you want a taste of a modern DAC, these are the only way. Or on the other hand, get something with a TDA 1541 and a Philips CDM mech and they will last forever

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back