Marantz CD6006 CD Player

Hi flat_listener, the UK version of cd 6006 is better than the standard version as it has been fine tuned with better components from what I have read. I have seen it only at the Amazon UK site but they don't deliver to India. It is priced slightly more than the standard version.

Another site where it is available is here & you can order it but I don't know the credibility of Ubuy since I have not purchased anything from them.

I have tried at MZ Mumbai but they don't have it & tried with other dealers too but not available here.

Last edited:
Even getting the regular version is difficult now. Very fast moving item and a great CDP. I have one. Will be replaced by the audiolab CDT and DAC soon though.

I asked because from my understanding from few FMs here, Denon AVRs use their own DAC in stereo mode even if you provide analog input from CD player (they do a A/D and then D/A inside). So if Marantz AVRs are also doing it, then you may not get the benefit of using CD6006. You need to check if that's the case. I've not used AVRs, so can't confirm.
Almost all avrs do that as Volume of avr works in digital way.One can hear sound difference in between AVR DAC and CDP DAC.But conversion will not give full quality of CDp sound

Hi flat_listener, the UK version of cd 6006 is better than the standard version as it has been fine tuned with better components from what I have read. I have seen it only at the Amazon UK site but they don't deliver to India. It is priced slightly more than the standard version.

[

Yes. I've asked around a bit, and there seems to be a lack of stock everywhere (Hyd/Blr) for CD players.

The Denon Player

Marantz Player

But no USB port on both. Its 230 V on the rear panel as per the pics.

Last edited:
The Denon Player

Marantz Player

But no USB port on both. Its 230 V on the rear panel as per the pics.

Thanks, Nitin. Most stores, except Hifimart, don't seem to reflect the actual state of their stocks. I have spoken to a few dealers.

Thanks, Nitin. Most stores, except Hifimart, don't seem to reflect the actual state of their stocks. I have spoken to a few dealers.

Most welcome, I have PMed you the list cd players on Amazon uk which are available & may fit in your budget including duty + gst.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back