Marantz new stereo receiver NR1200

Stereo set-up equally needs a room correction as much as a HT, to overcome some acoustic issues.. Handy feature..

Which maybe available in Hi End Stereo amps and not in this price segment. Dont think other brands in similar price bracket would have something like that. I do agree it would be something good to have.

How does digital correction defeat stereo purpose?

Well if you have used analog amps like Cosmic Arphi etc in the past, you will know what i am referring to!

Digital correction is required for HT setups primarily to adjust levels, tones, impedance, EQ etc through calibration to get the best effects from speakers hooked up!

Anyone with a stereo setup......be it home audio or professional audio (live setups) will add a DAC or External EQ to achieve best levels and outputs in sound!

Trust this addresses your query.

the NR1200 target audience is mainly those who want Stereo amplifier with sub out, digital connections, Bluetooth, etc etc....

Well if you have used analog amps like Cosmic Arphi etc in the past, you will know what i am referring to!

Digital correction is required for HT setups primarily to adjust levels, tones, impedance, EQ etc through calibration to get the best effects from speakers hooked up!

Anyone with a stereo setup......be it home audio or professional audio (live setups) will add a DAC or External EQ to achieve best levels and outputs in sound!

Trust this addresses your query.

the NR1200 target audience is mainly those who want Stereo amplifier with sub out, digital connections, Bluetooth, etc etc....
How is digital correction different from eq? What does it do more than an eq to reverse the coloration the room has made at ur listening spot?

How is digital correction different from eq? What does it do more than an eq to reverse the coloration the room has made at ur listening spot?

It may not be much different, but stereo is stereo for most and that's why we see many either getting back to Stereo setups or some having specific stereo setups. I dont think many of us who have journeyed over the last 15 to 20 years using different setups used Digital Correction in the past and most would prefer to tweak the stereo output with simple bass and treble controls if not pure direct.

Lets please not get into a debate here where I am sure each one of us have our own explanations and assumptions. If you feel that more can be done for the NR series stereo amp, you are welcome to suggest the same to the manufacturers.

It is unfortunate that most of us tend to expect a product to house all the blows and whistles at an affordable price. Marantz and I am sure other brands have tried to include all features and functions possible for a specific price tag. Also timed launch of products based on consumer needs and market expectations.

It may not be much different, but stereo is stereo for most and that's why we see many either getting back to Stereo setups or some having specific stereo setups. I dont think many of us who have journeyed over the last 15 to 20 years using different setups used Digital Correction in the past and most would prefer to tweak the stereo output with simple bass and treble controls if not pure direct.

Lets please not get into a debate here where I am sure each one of us have our own explanations and assumptions. If you feel that more can be done for the NR series stereo amp, you are welcome to suggest the same to the manufacturers.

It is unfortunate that most of us tend to expect a product to house all the blows and whistles at an affordable price. Marantz and I am sure other brands have tried to include all features and functions possible for a specific price tag. Also timed launch of products based on consumer needs and market expectations.
A eq or dsp should be correcting the coloration, which ur room and whats inside the room created on the sound before it reaches ur ears. A stereo in room A and in room B of different dimensions and with different furniture would never sound the same. If u like an amp or speaker in a room A , u essentially liked the amp, speaker and the room. For a purist lover, I see no point in hating a DSP which could help him acheiving what he want.

I personally enjoy the reflections sometimes, which makes it more lively spacious, 3 dimensional, to the point, where imaging is not vague. Thats the only reason why I dont use it. But, I borrowed a mini dsp for some time from a friend who kept on telling me that I dont have to live in the den, with acoustic panels to kill the reflections. I was pleasantly surprised how good it could reverse the coloration without adding distortion which I was skeptical about.

But as a stereo lover, my mind was not allowing me to believe that I am hearing a pure signal, because there is a device between my DAC and the amp, and it sounded different from the color of sound I was used to , I thought what neutral was.;)

Bottonline, DSP or EQ is for hometheatre is just not a right arguement if we think what exactly is its purpose.

Again not hijacking this thread, it will be an overkill on a small budget amp. My amp at the time was a T+A PA1000 with ASW Genius speakers and both measures well in test, though DAC was just an ODAC-

A eq or dsp should be correcting the coloration, which ur room and whats inside the room created on the sound before it reaches ur ears. A stereo in room A and in room B of different dimensions and with different furniture would never sound the same. If u like an amp or speaker in a room A , u essentially liked the amp, speaker and the room. For a purist lover, I see no point in hating a DSP which could help him acheiving what he want.

I personally enjoy the reflections sometimes, which makes it more lively spacious, 3 dimensional, to the point, where imaging is not vague. Thats the only reason why I dont use it. But, I borrowed a mini dsp for some time from a friend who kept on telling me that I dont have to live in the den, with acoustic panels to kill the reflections. I was pleasantly surprised how good it could reverse the coloration without adding distortion which I was skeptical about.

But as a stereo lover, my mind was not allowing me to believe that I am hearing a pure signal, because there is a device between my DAC and the amp, and it sounded different from the color of sound I was used to , I though what neutral was.;)

Bottonline, DSP or EQ is for hometheatre is just not a right arguement if we think what exactly is its purpose.

Again not hijacking this thread, it will be an overkill on a small budget amp.

Agree and thanks for the insights.

Marantz is rated 75w/channel @8 ohm and Denon is 100w/channel @8 ohm. Will they sound as good as integrated amplifier rated with same output /same price or have same false power rating like that of Av receiver. Most of mid price integrated amplifiers in this price bracket have power rating 50-60 w/channel @8 ohm.

It is OK to salivate and drool for more features :)
But one ain't getting it.

Marantz is rated 75w/channel @8 ohm and Denon is 100w/channel @8 ohm. Will they sound as good as integrated amplifier rated with same output /same price or have same false power rating like that of Av receiver. Most of mid price integrated amplifiers in this price bracket have power rating 50-60 w/channel @8 ohm.

Hopefully not. Marantz in their IA range have been quite honest. Don't know about Denon.
In any case, these products are aimed at small-ish elegant living room setups.
So there should be enough juice under the hood.

Cheers,
Raghu

As per this video i found on Youtube, it seems to have adopted a high current transformer from the PM 7000 series of amps.

It's really wonderful product , but having a center channel would have sweeten the deal, in my opinion
Like the product caption says 'built up to better your TV sound', a center channel would had made lot of sense.
I always missed the center channel for movies in my stereo setup.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back