marantz NR1609 or Marantz SR5013 vs Denon AVR-2600H

Gaurav55

I am confused to buy between three av receiver marantz NR1609 or Marantz SR5013 or Denon AVR-2600H for movie and music

Last edited:
Easy. Marantz 5013 as it has pre-outs for all 7 channels.If budget permits go for the 3600 or the 6013/6014.

I am confused to buy between three av receiver marantz NR1609 or Marantz SR5013 or Denon AVR-2600H for movie and music

First, its wrong to have the NR series compared to the big boys. NR series has its own following and capabilities. Form Factor being the most prominent. It's a big receiver in a small package. Regarding 5013 and 2600, there is very little to differentiate. So compare the Inputs/Outputs, Preouts, remotes, etc and pick the one that suits your requirement most. Theoretically, Marantz is considered evenly placed for Music and Movies, whereas Denon for Movies, but then each one hears differently and has their own preferences.

Try auditioning them, also keeping in mind the speakers you would be using.

MaSh

Its better if you go with Marantz NR1608/09 with pre owned PA/IA for front speakers within the budget. You may get better results than 5013 and 2600. I am using NR1608 with Denon avr as PA for front speakers and combo sounds lot better than standard 7 channels avrs in HT or stereo mode. Both the avr shares equal load and both runs cool for longer listening sessions. If you are intended to you avr in 5.2.2 mode, you will get more than enough power across all channels (for better dynamics) than a standard 7 channels avr. Save extra money with NR series avr and invest that in pre owned PA/IA.

Its better if you go with Marantz NR1608/09 with pre owned PA/IA for front speakers within the budget. You may get better results than 5013 and 2600. I am using NR1608 with Denon avr as PA for front speakers and combo sounds lot better than standard 7 channels avrs in HT or stereo mode. Both the avr shares equal load and both runs cool for longer listening sessions. If you are intended to you avr in 5.2.2 mode, you will get more than enough power across all channels (for better dynamics) than a standard 7 channels avr. Save extra money with NR series avr and invest that in pre owned PA/IA.
Does Denon 2600 is for movie not for music

There is good number of FM happy with Denon x2000 series avrs in both HT and Stereo mode. It depends on the end user. Most of the time speakers, placement and calibration make the difference . Avrs are just a part of it . Audition is the best option to judge the component.

There is good number of FM happy with Denon x2000 series avrs in both HT and Stereo mode. It depends on the end user. Most of the time speakers, placement and calibration make the difference . Avrs are just a part of it . Audition is the best option to judge the component.
Which floor standing speaker is best for it
Q Acoustics 3050 or Dali zensor 7 or Elac F6.2 or Wharfedale 230 or any other please suggest

+1 to this. reasonable advice!

Which floor standing speaker is best for it
Q Acoustics 3050 or Dali zensor 7 or Elac F6.2 or Wharfedale 230 or any other please suggest
ur ears,choice and taste & money spending capacity and last self satisfaction .plz believe in audtion .Listen to different speakers with ur source song and receiver if possible ,then select among speakers.

I have auditioned all speakers you have mentioned in list but I am a different person than you so what I like may be you will not. All mentioned speakers have their own merits and demerits. It's just auditioned and value for money option . All speakers I have auditioned with different electronics at different locations. In some cases connected amplifier/AVR were very high end . You may search my thread for speakers purchase, you will get good insights details on mentioned speakers.
I have auditioned Marantz SR5013 with Q Acoustic 3050i after my speaker purchase......I am found them to be a great combo for all round performance in music as well as movies with limited low end extension.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back