Marantz or Denon AVR

saioct12

I have Polk RTI A5 speakers. Many forum members are suggesting Denon AVR for polk audio, but some retailers are saying that recent Denon receiver models like x1100, X2100 are having issues. Should I go with Marantz? Does Marantz SR5009 matches my Polk RTI A5?

Regards
Sai

Not sure what kind of issues he mentioned but more or less the sound experience with Marantz and Denon is similar with equal calibre Models.

Marantz 5009 is compared with X2100 I believe

I personally shifted ande upgraded from Denon to Marantz and liked a few things working better with Marantz.

Which AVR you are using right now?

using denon for past 4 yrs and happy with it. If your usage is mostly movies denon would be good.

Using marantz 5007 for last 2 years drives floorstanders easily- like the sound as well. Best is the pre out option which Marantz gives.

Using marantz 5007 for last 2 years drives floorstanders easily- like the sound as well. Best is the pre out option which Marantz gives.

Agreed
Preout is a big plus

Besides with DEnon so far I am not much happy with after sales support.

I think Marantz is superior than Denon

Do anyone have experience of using Denon x2100/x3100 or the Marantz 6009 AVRs with a speakers similar to PSB X2Ts? Would these have heating, tripping issues if paired with the power hungry X2Ts? Im planning to buy the speakers but unsure about the AVR!

Any suggestions would be very welcome..!!

Thanks guys.

Im evaluating Denon X3100 (95k), Onkyo 828 (90-100K) and Marantz SR6009 (80k) for the PSB X2T FS speakers, without any power amp attached.

Here are a few considerations:

- Onkyo has a marginally muffled sound compared to Denon & the AccuEQ is not that great either. Read on issues with the HDMI boards soldering coming off due to heating for predecessor models. Yet, in terms of features (ATMOS & 135w/channel) & price on offer, Onkyo seems like a loaded option for the price.

- Marantz isnt known to be bright enough for movies though is a clear winner for music. SR 6009 is also high on features (wireless & otherwise). The upside with Marantz is the Audyssey XT, general overall reliability and will balance the sound of the PSBs. My 2 concerns - heard of issues where the unit would be "hanging" alot & that its 110 watt/channel. But "spirovious" mentions its worth the try.

- Denon AVr X3100 is fully loaded on features and is a good choice for movies & music alike. Considering its a slightly bass heavy AVR and that X2Ts have somewhat lacking bass (compared to Paradigm 11s), this may work out to be a better match. An Audyssey Gold advanced DSP & delhi based after sales service office is a big plus. Only concern - given the Marantz and Onkyo, this one is on the higher price (95k) bracket with lower output per channel 105 watts per channel. The Denon dealer says the 105 is "pure & raw output" unlike the others - whatever that means!!

Dropped the NAD option - low features & almost 1.25k

Any suggestions would be welcome on WHICH ONE IS SUITABLE - please consider the observations as well.

Big thanks to all

Any suggestions would be welcome on WHICH ONE IS SUITABLE - please consider the observations as well.
SR6009 will be better due to little more power,Preouts if you need to connect better poweramp and better sound quality.Still do audition before you book.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back