marantz pm5005 or M-CR 510 Pl Guide

kamal1675

guys, recently auditioned Marantz Amps pm5005 (cost 24k) & M-CR 510 (cost 37k) at Mumbai.
But got confused which one to buy. fwg are the concerns
1. Found PM5005 to sound better than MCR 510 even though it is cheaper, but it doesn't have any inbuilt input i.e. bluetooth or USB or Wifi.
2. PM 5005 cant be connected to TV.
3. Sub woofer cannot be added to it.
So Pl guide me abt the following.
1. if i buy PM5005 & a descent but reasonably priced DVD player with USB & Bluetooth, it will cost me around 5k or 6k, isnt it better than buying M-CR510.
2. If i pair floor standing speakers like Boston Acoustics A250 with PM 5005, will it not obviate the need of a subwoofer.
plz give your expert comments.

Last edited:
A.

1. It's a trade-off between sound and convenience. You will have to choose.
The 510 is available on hifimart for 31,000.
Marantz

2. Why can't the 5005 be connected to the TV?

3. A sub with speaker level inputs and outputs can be added to the 5005. Like the Velodyne Impact series.

B.

1. For the sound you are looking for, a DVD player will probably need a DAC.

2. The need for a sub is a personal choice which can be determined only by you by listening to setups. Some people don't need subs even with smallish bookshelves, others need a sub with floorstanders also.

A.

1. It's a trade-off between sound and convenience. You will have to choose.
The 510 is available on hifimart for 31,000.
Marantz

2. Why can't the 5005 be connected to the TV?

3. A sub with speaker level inputs and outputs can be added to the 5005. Like the Velodyne Impact series.

B.

1. For the sound you are looking for, a DVD player will probably need a DAC.

2. The need for a sub is a personal choice which can be determined only by you by listening to setups. Some people don't need subs even with smallish bookshelves, others need a sub with floorstanders also.
Thanks for the prompt reply. I was told at the showroom that it can't be connected to TV and Subwoofer. Are external USB adapters available which can make PM5005 read USB drives?????

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back