Marantz SR4002 or Denon AVR-1910 or any other receiver

Prashant Poojary

Hey Guys I'm trying to get an Amp & having a hard time deciding on what to go for.

I have narrowed down on Marantz SR4002 & Denon AVR-1910 I'm happy for any other suggestion in the similar category. i.e. Performance / Price ETC.I'll be using this amp 80:20 in favour of movies.

Also I'm thinking of getting it from Malayasia, is it any cheaper. Do i need to convert this if i have to use it in india.

Denon 1910 is a good model.

Why Marantz SR4002? this is a very old model. SR4003 has been launched after that and now '004 series is also out. In Marantz check out the latest models SR5004 / SR6004.

Hey Guys I'm trying to get an Amp & having a hard time deciding on what to go for.

I have narrowed down on Marantz SR4002 & Denon AVR-1910 I'm happy for any other suggestion in the similar category. i.e. Performance / Price ETC.I'll be using this amp 80:20 in favour of movies.

Also I'm thinking of getting it from Malayasia, is it any cheaper. Do i need to convert this if i have to use it in india.

try using harman kardon avr 355.the best at the moment with video upscaling & upconversion and also decodes dts master audio and dolby true hd .i suggest not to get any avr from malaysia as warranty in india would not be valid.i am currently using this avr and have also used the denon 1910 but this avr is way ahead of denon.

for a 80:20 ratio of movies the 1910 is the way to go..
u may also have a look into some other models such as onkyo 606 or hk355 as suggested by decibels..
with primarily movies the upscaler chip of the AVR should also be a decision factor

I prefer the Marantz over the Denon. But denon has also got good reviews all over. Marantz usually sounds better with music and I somehow fell for the looks of 6004. So my choice would be Marantz SR6004.

It should be cheaper outside India but no warranty

Thanks Raghav

would you still recommend Denon AVR-1910 v/s Marantz SR5004 / SR6004.

Also is it cheaper if i buy outside india

u are most welcome.in case u need any other assistance let me know.if u need any avr,any brand just tell me what u need and i will source it for u and get it delivered at ur place.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back