Marantz SR5006 : Review Please

Kumar442244

Hello Gurus,

Please help review Marantz SR5006 as i could not find any relevant topics to read around this.

heard this is a discontinued model by brand, would it be a good idea to have this in my consideration set for a prospect buy?

Rate quoted around 53K.

Please advice.

This must be used as it's quite an old model. In that case prices maybe on a higher side?

Do note that this will not support 4K processing/ pass-through. So if you have Ultra HD media player, it will have to be connected directly to 4K TV. This means you will not be able to process get Dolby True HD or DTS HD Master Audio.

But if you are going to use Ultra HD Blu-ray player then you should be fine as these players have a 2nd HDMI 1.4 output for audio and same can be connected to Marantz SR5006 for processing Dolby True HD or DTS HD Master Audio.

Other than that it's a fine equipment. But it depends on what you need it for..

Hi

There are other models, 5007, 5008 5009 and 5010 which got launched after the 5006.

I believe 53k for such an old model is too steep unless it is brand new and backed with proper warranty from M Z Audio.....

I would close the deal for 50k provided I am going to use it only for audio output and processing......else look at the newer models....you can also look at the 60xx series which is a notch better....

53K sounds too high for an older discontinued model. I think I have seen a couple of sale ads in our sale section for these at lower prices a while ago.

Definitely not worth 53K

Spotted this on quikr bangalore

Check out this interesting ad on Qu...ay.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quikr

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

Hello Members,

About to order marantz NR1607 from amazon.uk.

In a fix, please help with quick response.

Can you please suggest the electric power configuration that it needs to have here in india as compared to UK.

The Back of the AVR in india shows 120V where as UK model shows 230V.

have couple of doubts around this. Please help with expert advice:-

- Should that be a problem with the volts difference?
- Is there any way by which this difference can be compensated?
- Should there be any compromise on the sound quality part?

Kindly advice

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back