Marantz SR5015 - Audio Question

RayFundora

Hello. Just got the Marantz SR50015. I ran the calibration, and it sounds great. However, the receiver doesn't kick into high gear unless I set the volume to about 63.5 and above. Is this normal? Thanks in advance.

Hello. Just got the Marantz SR50015. I ran the calibration, and it sounds great. However, the receiver doesn't kick into high gear unless I set the volume to about 63.5 and above. Is this normal? Thanks in advance.
That's ok. Most of avrs need to crank volume upto 70% at least to get good sound.

Audyssey sets the speakers at conservative levels. Being a user of Marantz, after setup i manually adjust the speaker levels by 0.5db or 1 db. Secondly by default akk source levels are at 0. If your source levels are low, you can increase the same in order to get the best performance from the avr. Only thing you need to ensure that the speakers connected to the avr are good in terms of impedance and power handling. Such tweaking of levels should be done cautiously to avoid blowing the avr or speakers! Being an experienced former DJ i am familiar with tweaking and hence can do it. If you are not familiar with such adjustments, it makes sense then to leave things as is!

If you shift to the db scale, then 0db is the reference level at which Audyssey is set esp. if you use MultiEQ Reference. See what happens when you switch off Multieq.

It's normal. My Denon 3600H also kicks at 60 db + volume , even with additional Power AMP hooked up.
My old Receiver ONKYO , kicks in at 40% volume , but it quickly distorts at 52% volume. But DENON has still potential to go up to 75% volume.
I think latest AVRS have this by design.

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back