Marantz SR5015 vs Yamaha A4A vs Denon X2700

ammarmalik

Hello all,

I'll be upgrading my Yamaha RX485 to one of these 3 receivers. My speakers are the Monitor Audio MR6 towers, center and surrounds and an SVS sub. I'll be going 5.1.2 down the line, which is the main reason for the upgrade.

I only have a choice between these 3 receivers and they are all priced in the same range as well. I've historically only ever used Yamaha so I'm more comfortable with that choice by default. But objectively speaking, which of these 3 is the best option.

P.S, I also have a choice of Denon X1700, which is significantly cheaper. But I'm doubtful about that since it's barely any more powerful than my current receiver.

Both Marantz and Yamaha offer you options for Pre Outs, which is not present in the x2700.

I would look closely between the two, marantz has an upper edge with the audyssey app and features plus lot of analogue inputs.

Yamaha is understated, good and slightly more reliable I feel compared to others. I haven't heard the A4A or seen in person, but if you check out V6A it is almost similar as A4A and cheaper, everything is the same, guess only certain parts are different.

Hello all,

I'll be upgrading my Yamaha RX485 to one of these 3 receivers. My speakers are the Monitor Audio MR6 towers, center and surrounds and an SVS sub. I'll be going 5.1.2 down the line, which is the main reason for the upgrade.

I only have a choice between these 3 receivers and they are all priced in the same range as well. I've historically only ever used Yamaha so I'm more comfortable with that choice by default. But objectively speaking, which of these 3 is the best option.

P.S, I also have a choice of Denon X1700, which is significantly cheaper. But I'm doubtful about that since it's barely any more powerful than my current receiver.

If you have used Yamaha in the past and want a little different SQ then see Marantz...

The Denon and the Marantz have a better room correction thingy IMHO.

And, the pre outs of the 5015 will help future upgraditis :)

You need to find best matching AVR for existing speakers. Audition if available. As far as features are concern Marantz is certainly leader.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back