Yamaha A4A vs Denon x3800

ShaQ.Blogs

Hi folks, I am considering to get an AV receiver on my way back to India from UK.
Denon x3800 is priced around 95k and the Yamaha A4A is about 115k. While the Denon is and 13Kg, yammy is around 17-18 Kg, which makes yammy a tight choice to carry along.

The yamaha is what I would prefer for reasons such as reliability and long term support.

I'm wondering what the prices are like in India?
What is the best price for the A4A in India (Bangalore)?

Hi folks, I am considering to get an AV receiver on my way back to India from UK.
Denon x3800 is priced around 95k and the Yamaha A4A is about 115k. While the Denon is and 13Kg, yammy is around 17-18 Kg, which makes yammy a tight choice to carry along.

The yamaha is what I would prefer for reasons such as reliability and long term support.

Hi,

Factor the costs abroad, weight and customs you will be paying here. It is best to check with local dealers based in Bengaluru as in whats the best price. If you get something from abroad, there is no warranty or support available...so calculate all these things.

A4A is indeed a good AVR. Current prices:

Hope this helps.

I think Denon x3800 is 9.2 channel avr and Yamaha A4A is 7.2.
Check the warreny available in india.

The benefit which Yamaha has is manual adjustment to the frequency + gain + Q (bandwidth). This allows you to adjust the curve with a mic and laptop without the need for Dirac/ Audyssey/ YPAO/minidsp, etc. Denon will give you access to Dirac only if you pay a hefty licence fee to Dirac. I am not aware of Denon/ marantz giving you access to all aspects of the freq curve. I think the A4A also gives you pre outs similar to Denon (less channels). If you are not after any of these features then its a matter of your choice / access to service center ,etc. In that case also consider the new Sony if possible which has some very good reviews.

Thanks for the inputs guys.

I ended up getting the Denon x3800 on my way back. I packed it well into my in luggage.
Did not have any issues with customs either.

Got it for a really good price of 88K.
Congrats and happy listening. Do write here on how it sounds.

Thanks for the inputs guys.

I ended up getting the Denon x3800 on my way back. I packed it well into my in luggage.
Did not have any issues with customs either.

Got it for a really good price of 88K.
Congratulations. It's a very good deal. How is the SQ?

Congratulations. It's a very good deal. How is the SQ?
I have used it for less than 10 hours and in a small room, so it's not gonna be reliable feedback. Sound quality so far i find to be good. For movies, i found the seperation with regard to surrounds better with my old receiver.
But again, i will need to use it more plus maybe rerun audyssey with the Online UPS in a different room.

Dirac in 3800 makes it a top choice in this price bracket.

One time per receiver model is what it looks like
I don’t know when Denon doesnt do what Onkyo/Pioneer/Integra have - for them the Dirac full bandwidth license worth $350 is included in the price. I’ve used Dirac on my LX-505 and the difference is immense. Use the miniDSP umik for the calibration

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back