Denon X550BT Vs Yamaha HTR 3072 budget AVR

pritam2601

Dear all respected members,
Need to buy an entry level budget av receiver for my pioneer Andrew Jones speakers as my old pioneer VSX323 have some static noise issue while playing.But AV receiver's price gone highs for a long time and its not a good time to buy an AV receiver i think. Any idea the price goes to normal soon or not ? However i only have two option for now that is - Denon X550BT price quoted 34k and Yamaha HTR 3072 price quoted 40K. Which one among them is better in reliability and sound quality ? I like bright highs and crisp vocals rather than too much bass heavy sound signature.If any one auditioned or have them can please tell me which one would be good for me.

No Brand is Future proof. Each model / brand has it own pros and cons. Its better to audition in person and make a decision, we can only suggest. Everyone has their own taste in levels, sound quality and budget limitations. We have the various Owner Threads of brands like Marantz Denon Yamaha etc. where first hand reviews and experiences are listed, you should go through those. Youtube would also have something similar.

Prices of AVRs will not be coming down anytime soon. After Covid, everything has gone up. Least you can expect during festive times is some discount.

Most are looking at preowned AVRs which are being sold over various classifieds or OLX. Based on your location you should check those options if you are on a fixed budget. You may end up getting something very good for a reasonable price.

IMHO, between the 2 brands and models you listed, I would move towards the Yamaha....

All the best!

Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for your response. Can you please confirm me why to choose Yamaha over Denon ? Denon X550bt have 90 Watt per channel where as Yamaha have 70 watt per channel..So do you think is it justified in terms of quality and sound clarity to pay 6k more and go for yamaha ?

Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for your response. Can you please confirm me why to choose Yamaha over Denon ? Denon X550bt have 90 Watt per channel where as Yamaha have 70 watt per channel..So do you think is it justified in terms of quality and sound clarity to pay 6k more and go for yamaha ?

I have used various AVRs over the last 2 decades, started with a Yamaha and kept upgrading to various models and brands, currently using Marantz since last decade but now considering moving to a Yamaha Aventage. A friend had a X500 BT and I didnt like it. My cousin has the Yamaha 3072 and there is a different in Sound Quality etc. You need to audition with same movie / music samples to come to a decision. If you cant audition then rely on reviews posted online / Youtube.

What maybe good to my ears maybe bad for you as each of us have different preferences.

All the best!

Everyone i asked they preferred Yamaha over Denon..They said Yamaha have better neutral bright sound signature than Denon one. And i found again you who also heard both AVRs..Lastly can you please confirm me what kind of different sound quality in HTR 3072 as you heard both ?

Everyone i asked they preferred Yamaha over Denon..They said Yamaha have better neutral bright sound signature than Denon one. And i found again you who also heard both AVRs..Lastly can you please confirm me what kind of different sound quality in HTR 3072 as you heard both ?

You have already asked so many questions and most have referred to opt for Yamaha then why are you still delaying the purchase?

You can't expect FMs to provide a further detailed technical explanation which you may or may not understand!

Please note that most of us FMs are here to assist when we can making time from our respective busy schedules. I believe you asked for opinions and the same has been provided.

As suggested, please audition in person. Yamaha HTR 3072 is a common model sold by Reliance Digital and other known electronic dealers. Denon would be stocked by profx which you can audition there.

All the best!

Many many Thanks for your information..I have no intensity to bother anyone here..Sorry for the inconvenience..Actually i am from a remote place for audition both of them..Thus asked for professional opinion...That's it..

Last edited:
Many many Thanks for your information..I have no intensity to bother anyone here..Sorry for the inconvenience..Actually i am from a remote place for audition both of them..Thus asked for professional opinion...That's it..

Most of us are qualified through experience or with professional certification. You also need to do your bit of research and read various posts available to make an informed decision. There is nothing to be sorry about and we are all here to help in whatever way we can. I believe I have provided you with ample options now for you to take it forward.

Yes Sir..Everything is crystal and clear..I'll go for Yamaha..Thank you very much for your support.
Dear friend,

A senior noob here, having a Denon and i should say it sounds well for its price. Haven't heard pricier AVRs from both Denon and Yamahas as i was too staying in the outskirts of the city. So purely lying on the online forums and feedbacks, I've bit the bullet and made the purchase of a baseline denon AVR on Jan 2022, and i should say I'm really happy with it.

Sound:
For me, i didn't feel that much of a difference between an entry level Yamaha vs Denon, though the base response is very slightly on the higher side but definitely not over board.
At times, i used to turn off the subwoofer to maintain balance (rarely though).

Movies (Dolby digital 5.1):
Note that I'm using my AVR 95% for movies/series only, from all main ott players - and for this purpose it sounds really well with nice separation and gives adequate sound stage in my hall where i kept the avr, without even any damping done.

Music (Stereo 2.1)
If you are much into music, i would suggest you may wanna go for Yamaha, that said i would not call myself an audiophile by any chance, but listening to music is really breezy with my denon, and i usually turn my sw off in case of music sessions. My whole family loves to hear music in this way and i feel for its cheap price it is doing a complete justice.
That too, it'll be of a superb experience listening to Harris Jeyaraj, and to some extent ARR songs who's sound engineering is impeccable and state of the art quality compared to other composers.

Hope it helps. Pls shoot further questions if you have any.

If you prefer music over to streaming movies - i should say go for Yamaha.

My preference is 50-50 Movies and Music..All sources are from 1080P bluray or 4K UHD bluray along with Dolby Ture-HD and DTS-HDMA tracks..Need a crisp vocals..

Which one among them is better in reliability and sound quality ?
To be clear, your speakers are going to dictate the sound signature more than anything else. Buy whichever model or brand of receiver you prefer. There is very little to differ between these two other than the appearance and audio calibration software.

You were asking about the quality difference between denon and Yamaha, especially entry level AVR. The major difference, for me, is in music quality. Yamaha is more neutral and musical. By Musical I mean, the ratio of every frequencies that served by the AVR to your ears. It is like chef’s last touch.

But Denon is better in movies. The low frequency effects output by denon is more satisfying.

Yamaha will suit your musical taste - not too much bass and ample presence of high frequencies.

BUT, as I have used the pioneer speakers myself, I got the true colours of pioneers after connecting it to a SR series Marantz. It was night and day difference- everything was better, better and more bass, midrange and refined highs.

I would suggest you to go for used units because they will be cheaper and more VFM than new entry level AVRs.

I have active sub for LFE..And i need bright highs and crisp vocals,thus yamaha should be perfect for me..But Denon x550bt have 90 watt per channel avr and yamaha one is 70 watt per channel..But Denon x550bt does not also clarify the Dac type in thier specification,where yamaha have 3 dac of 32 bit 386khz..Thus confused a littlebit..Some seller saya Denon is better than yamaha and some seller says yamaha is better in terms of sound quality.. But they have no demo unit available for both with them for auditioning..

Hey pritam, did you purchase the AVR? Where did you get it from? I'm looking to buy the same and am pretty confused where to buy it

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back