AVR - Denon vs Yamaha

curiousashish

Hi Friends, I am looking for an entry-level AVR, but getting confused between Denon AVR-X250BT and Yamaha HTR-3072
Can you suggest which one is better?
Main purpose is movies, and not music.
Thanks!
And any pointer to some hidden-and-reasonable seller will be cool too!

I am a Yamaha AVR user and have seen a few of my friends using Denon. Honestly it's very difficult to find fault with any of them. What matters is the quality of speaker and sub that you attach to these amp.

If I were in your place , I would possibly choose the one that cost less (meeting my criteria) and invest in some good quality speakers.

Purely based on my observation.

Movies: Denon.

Music: Yamaha. I don't mean audiophile quality. But in comparison with Denon.

Marantz: Best of both worlds.

Both receivers have their own sound signature. Reliability wise, Yamaha is above Denon since they have their own factories. The higher end receivers of most brands sound good.

Please go through this thread for a detailed analysis.

https://www.hifivision.com/threads/...y-denon-avr-than-yamaha-marantz-for-ht.75973/

Hi Friends, I am looking for an entry-level AVR, but getting confused between Denon AVR-X250BT and Yamaha HTR-3072
Can you suggest which one is better?
Main purpose is movies, and not music.
Thanks!
And any pointer to some hidden-and-reasonable seller will be cool too!in ad
Please look at Denon xt 550 or 650 and Yamaha V4a.

Thank you friends!
Phani24: Denon X550BT is 40k, and Yamaha RX-V4A is 45k
Models I mentioned are both ~30k, my budget is 30-35k and I cannot stretch it to 40k...

Thank you friends!
Phani24: Denon X550BT is 40k, and Yamaha RX-V4A is 45k
Models I mentioned are both ~30k, my budget is 30-35k and I cannot stretch it to 40k...
Bro check in Avshack.in The listed price is 40k. You bargain
And you will get it in your budget.

Thanks again friends! Will try to bargain.
Btw, being a layman, what is the key benefit of Denon 550 over 250 or Yamaha 2072 justifying the slight premium?

Phani24: Sorry, but 1 more question: How does 4K effect sound? Output from my STB goes to TV, which plays for 4K, and then sound output from my TV goes to Denon. How does it matter if AVR is 4K or not?
Sorry I am a real beginner.

Phani24: Sorry, but 1 more question: How does 4K effect sound? Output from my STB goes to TV, which plays for 4K, and then sound output from my TV goes to Denon. How does it matter if AVR is 4K or not?
Sorry I am a real beginner.
Its better to passthrough the AVR. So, STB>AVR>TV

Don't look at online prices as final. Most people would be able to give you a deal on most models. Even better, if you live in metros, most local dealers will be able to give you anywhere between 10 to 40% less than the online value, but be sure to check for warranty.

Checked some more on net, and found something unbelievable:
AABHA ELECTRONICS in Bangalore.
Anyone used them?

Anyone used them?
Really unbelievable.

Anyone used them?
That is Trade India Business portal listing, like Indiamart, not an e-commerce site. The rates need not be accurate. Normally they mention as 'Get the latest prices' or 'submit enquiry'. They will put some random prices on the portal, not related to specific model, to get more business leads. It is one type of Digital Marketing Strategy.
You can call them and enquire for actual price. You will be surprised to see, how easily the people get fooled :confused:

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back