marantz????

manu4panjab

hey brothers

what your thoughts on marantz 8002 avr with 125x7 channel

it has fully 125 x7 all channel driven power rather than other brands onkyo,denon etc which have one or two channel driven

so it mean we can have 125 watts to each channel at same time

it means it is much more powerful av receiver

I think what you need is a power amplifier and not a avr if you want real brute force power.

it has fully 125 x7 all channel driven power rather than other brands onkyo,denon etc which have one or two channel driven

While Marantz is a good brand, you will not be getting the 125W/channel. Its pure marketing. For more power, a solid state amp is what you shoudl be aiming for, even a 2 channel one so you can connect other speakers to the AVR itself.

While Marantz is a good brand, you will not be getting the 125W/channel. Its pure marketing. For more power, a solid state amp is what you shoudl be aiming for, even a 2 channel one so you can connect other speakers to the AVR itself.

no bro i have read its review at hometheatremag site in which he said it delivers what it said 125 x7 ch

I have not heard the 8002 but I own the Marantz SR6003 and I am extremely satisfied; it's musical and good on movies too. I love its USB support. I dont have a good source yet. So I convert my Audio CDs to WAV and play via USB. I experienced a big difference in the sound quality.

What kind of feedback are you exactly looking for?

hi,while it may deliver that much power actually, you will rarely require anything above 50w/c(with some head room) at home. So i think there is no point in the number game. musicality is more important. That is why NAD 325 BEE, Rated at 50wpc,can drive many power hungry speakers. I am not saying that marantz is bad but evaluating an amp based solely on the output is not fair.

I have not heard the 8002 but I own the Marantz SR6003 and I am extremely satisfied; it's musical and good on movies too. I love its USB support. I dont have a good source yet. So I convert my Audio CDs to WAV and play via USB. I experienced a big difference in the sound quality.

What kind of feedback are you exactly looking for?

just want to know the opinion for marantz that's it

at what price you bought 6003

Marantz will deliver whats in its published specs and SR8002 will coats around INR 117500 inclu VAT. another higher model 9000 series also available in India.

What I can suggest
Buy Most Basic AVR with upscaling and pre outs ...
And seriously use PULZ power amps -Cinema Grade -4 of them to amplify 7 channels!!!
Nojokes :lol::lol::lol: on net you will find similar configrations

Esp Pulz RS-1000 Pro Cinema Amp

:: Pulz ::

Read It's power specs

utput Power (per channel)

500 watts @4W, 300 watts @8W
(both channels driven at 1KHz, < 0.1% THD)
1000 watts@ 8W, bridged mono; 1350 watts @4W, bridged mono

Continuous Power

475 watts @ 4W; 290 watts @8W (both channels driven at 20Hz 20KHz, 0.1% THD)

Power handling

20 Hz 20 KHz, 0.2 dB
8 Hz 100 KHz, 3.0 dB

Total Harmonic Distortion

0.007%, 1 KHz, 8W; 0.01%, 20 Hz, 8W; 0.05%, 20Hz-20KHz, 8W (at rated power)

Inter Modulation Distortion

<0.007% SMPTE, <0.01% IHF (at rated power, 8W)

Or you can use 7 of them - each in bridge mode
to make 1000 W * 7 channel system!

Anyway Pulz is majour supplier to theatres

Their Mother company i official representative of Dolby

R & S Electronics

Contact

R&S (India) Electronics Pvt. Ltd.
Kailashpati Building, 2nd Floor
Plot # 10-A
Veera Desai Road, Andheri (West)
Mumbai - 400 053
India.

Tel: ++ 91 22 2673 2593
Fax: ++ 91 22 2673 2594
E-mail: [email protected]

See if you find anything interesting!

Marantz is OK, although i am having a personal bad experience with a SR8001.

The SR8001 and SR8002 are similar, except, that sr8002 has updated hdmi support (version 1.2a vs. 1.3) and maybe one or two otherwise expendable features.

All receivers in that price range will give you equal and discrete amplification for each channel.

You might want to look at a Rotel RMB series 5 channel power amp, which you simply connect to your present receivers pre-outs and you will never have a problem powering your speakers

So far, marantz service has not come through for me.. so you might want to wait and see how it is, before you make a purchase, so that god forbid at a later date if you need it, you know what you are getting into.

best wishes,
samir.

...So far, marantz service has not come through for me.. so you might want to wait and see how it is, before you make a purchase, so that god forbid at a later date if you need it, you know what you are getting into.

Post removed, just noticed your other thread. Good luck.

Last edited:
hey brothers

Brother:
I believe one should only upgrade AVR if one does like the sonic signature or shortage of input/outputs. Whereas,if its power issue then you'd be better off with a power amp.

Sumit

hey brothers

Hi Manu4panjab,

The way manufacturers quote the power ratings can be quite tricky. Even Onkyo, Denon or yamaha quote power as xyz x 5/7 watts.

The important part to consider is the THD at such power and the power supply capacity. If you take a look at the power input, e.g. for the NR1501, its mentioned as 250W. How do you expect the AVR to deliver 350W with an input of 250W.

The power input for the SR8002 THX Select2 Surround Receiver model is 780Watts whereas the output power is mentioned as 125x7!!

There is clearly no relevance!

My suggestion would be to take your favorite music/movie CDs, and audition a system and purchase the one you like the best.

Thanks,

Nitin.

Manu,

I have had 7002 before buying denon and can definitely vouch for the sound quality. if you listen to music then marantz is sweetest av receiver along with arcam and Nad however, when it comes to movies and home theatre then it lacks the details and clarity you get from denon, Onkyo or pioneer. As for the power most of the manufacturer publish either 2 channel or in 6 ohms and generally both are higher then say having 130 x 7 at 8 ohms. but i know for a fact that Marantz 8002 willnot lack in power unless you want to drive 4ohms dyanaudio.

hope it helps.

Swatantra

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back