Margazhi Raagam

thevortex

How many among us had the opportunity to attend this concert live (in theatres)? Yesterday I picked up a DVD of this concert and have been sitting in awe after again reliving it!

Curious what the others made of this concert.

How many among us had the opportunity to attend this concert live (in theatres)? Yesterday I picked up a DVD of this concert and have been sitting in awe after again reliving it!

Yes, I have the disc. Quite good in both audio and video quality. First time I am watching a Carnatic concert in "true" surround sound. Not much of a Bombay Jayashree fan, though TMK is fine with me.

I feel it is ridiculously priced at Rs. 1250 which is way above the revised BD cost. May be they know their sales would be limited to a few knowledgeable people like you (thevortex) and gnyana sunyams* like me. Someone from Chennai, pl translate * for others.

Still, Real Image guys have done a fantastic job on the quality side.

Warm Regds / Shailender

where did you pick up the DVD vortex? i've heard a lot about this

this was available for a discount of a marvelous rupees 100 at the Chennai December season. But i resisted picking it up as I do not have a monitor next to my sound system yet. Hence I can wait till the price drops.

I'm certainly keen on savoring the experience of this beautifully themed DVD.
:licklips:

Regards

I am lucky to watch this at satyam complex, one of the marvellous one and bold attempt to be screened in an movie hall... As chennai ever support the musical themes & especialy Carnatic it got tremendous support.

One of the best to be watched in HT.

Yes, I have the disc. Quite good in both audio and video quality. First time I am watching a Carnatic concert in "true" surround sound. Not much of a Bombay Jayashree fan, though TMK is fine with me.

I feel it is ridiculously priced at Rs. 1250 which is way above the revised BD cost. May be they know their sales would be limited to a few knowledgeable people like you (thevortex) and gnyana sunyams* like me. Someone from Chennai, pl translate * for others.

Still, Real Image guys have done a fantastic job on the quality side.

Warm Regds / Shailender

Yes, it is expensive. But I have been meaning to pick this up no matter what. I agree that it could have reached out more to the audience with a lower price tag. Well, only the marketers will know why it is priced so high. The elegantly and tastefully designed CD cover and lush pages with details and photographs notwithstanding.

And no Shailender - I dont know a thing about classical music. Just enjoying it. :)

where did you pick up the DVD vortex? i've heard a lot about this

Landmark.

This is my new landmark recording for imaging. I am able to see the artists on stage. Once I note their position down I can verify for myself if the sound originates correspondingly. This is very satisfying on its own - not to mention the music.

Last edited:
If I had one big complaint it is that the producers did not see it fit to include WAV files of the recording in the DVD.

I know the whole thing is about the uniqueness of the concert in marrying visuals with sound. But still, after a time, the visuals go stale. Music remains with us for a long, long time.

I wish they had given some little thought to this angle.

If I had one big complaint it is that the producers did not see it fit to include WAV files of the recording in the DVD.

I know the whole thing is about the uniqueness of the concert in marrying visuals with sound. But still, after a time, the visuals go stale. Music remains with us for a long, long time.

I wish they had given some little thought to this angle.

That will be the subject of another sales effort for audio CDs :D

"Rake in the moolah! yeah!Rake in the moolah! yeah!" :eek:hyeah:

Cheers

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back