Mark Schifter indicted!

marsilians

I have previously recommended some of their products because they were very good VFM. Unfortunately the captain of the ship has been found to be corrupt. Its terrible that he would con charitable agencies. The company has not been doing very well financially I suppose and hence so many sales over the past couple of years.

Indictment: Longmont man scammed 707 people in charity fraud - The Denver Post

Yes its only an indictment now but the charges are pretty signficant.

Pls note, the Onix line is not manufactured by AV123, rather by Onix Audio. AV123 was a marketing front and would help out in some quality testing at the manuf facility in China though.

AVS Forum has the dirty laundry out....I would stay away from it though.

Anyone who has placed orders and awaiting shipment may want to cancel the orders as the feds are all over the place.

Mark Levinson - another famous man also led this same path. Though Mark was a 'sound musician' and had a fantastic, god-gifted sense of hearing enough to dictate his visions as to what should be in an Audio component, his constant flamboyant lifestyle with a collection of fine women led to closure of :
Mark Levinson
Cello Audio & Film Systems
Red Rose Audio

When he was eased out of Mark Levinson by the investors, I felt bad for him & hoped he would make a new beginning with Cello & Red Rose. So Sad.

Yes his Perpetual Tech range of products was excellent and he also introduced the Onix range of tube audio gear.

Yes. His Onix range is quite special. A friend has them in the US. No nonsense hi-end.

As I noted in the OP, Onix was not his line. He was just the sales outlet. He had a similar engagement with Emotiva before they went independent as well.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back