Maruti 800

Mannu

:eek:hyeah: Yes you read it right, i want a simple music system for my Maruti 800, here are my prioirites, likes and dislikes

1. i don't like casette players as they are outdated plus i hate it when the header acquires all the dust and one has to clean it

2. i want something in which i can play my Burned CD's and DVD's

3. I don't have an iPod but i do use USB devices, so USB pendrives and external HDD's should be read easily, here i must mention that i don't want the USB to be read from the starting every time i turn off the ignition, i want it to start from where i left it in the night, have this problem with my i20 unit that came with it from the factory, and i can't figure out what to do about it.

4. I just want a good set of speakers, tried and tested and good VFM, i usually listen to classical musi, with tabla and other stinged instrument, so voice clarity is main importance with enough bass to give a peacful experience.

So plz guys, any suggestions, i am a total Noob in the field of car audio, and i need some help here. Value for Money is my priority on deciding upon a good headunit and good set of speakers, don't want anything fancy, just a good tried and tested config for my requirements

Thanks !!

get Pio head unit plus JBL co ax
A VFM combination

Can you be specific which unit and speakers meet my needs ?

Have a look at this Convex Stereo fitted in an Alto I gifted to an employee - Your Latest Hardware Purchase - Reliance Mobile (CDMA & GSM) - Discussion Forums - Page 14.1333333333
Specs here - DVM-2D701/5S

Sir,

That is quite a gesture, gifting a Car to an employee, hmmm.. well i wanted to know if i turn my car off in the night and then come back in the morning and start it, will it read the USB form starting or from where i left it the night before. Also how is Convex compared to pioneer, JBl and other audio players ? have no idea about audio so that's why i am asking.

@mannu - as per the short test I remember, the stereo's sound quality is astounding and matches my pioneer; the usb plays from where u left it; its value for money stuff and they are advertising heavily in magazines like autocar, so seems they are here to stay;

Check out the JBL GT-X333 HU. It has radio + USB, but no CD/DVD.
My personal experience is that if the head unit has USB, I no
longer use the CD.
Search the online classifieds and also team-bhp. I was able to
get an almost brand new Pioneer HU with USB for quite cheap (< 3K).

I am quite satisfied with Jbl Gt5-s204 2-way Coaxial
front speakers.

Back