Match for Dali Oberon 5

Raja.chn

Hi team , I am a newbie to the forum as well as Hifi world
I have recently bought a Dali Oberon 5 which would be the first piece of my planned 5.1 setup
For sometime I will be running it as 2.0 for LR
Need suggestions on best suitable AVR
Denon 1800 is my choice as of now & am on a budget of less than 60k

Denon x1800 may not be able to extract the full potential of Oberon 5. Suggest looking for used AVR like Marantz 5015 or similar

Hi team , I am a newbie to the forum as well as Hifi world
I have recently bought a Dali Oberon 5 which would be the first piece of my planned 5.1 setup
For sometime I will be running it as 2.0 for LR
Need suggestions on best suitable AVR
Denon 1800 is my choice as of now & am on a budget of less than 60k
Atleast for 2 channel, Dali + Marantz pairs well. But feed it with some watts. They love to be driven.

My personal view - the Dali Oberon 5s are actually really wondeful speakers for listening to music.

I have used them extensively with a Marantz PM7000N.

They will pair well with any Marantz stereo amp.

Suggest for now, buy a stereo amp with a Optical input (ie has a built in DAC), and connect your TV via that.

Not sure an AVR will do justice to these speakers, unless you buy a really high end receiver.

My personal view - the Dali Oberon 5s are actually really wondeful speakers for listening to music.

I have used them extensively with a Marantz PM7000N.

They will pair well with any Marantz stereo amp.

Suggest for now, buy a stereo amp with a Optical input (ie has a built in DAC), and connect your TV via that.

Not sure an AVR will do justice to these speakers, unless you buy a really high end receiver.
@argho I too was inclined with marantz stereo amps but considering kids too would like to do weekend movie watching , so planning for a 5.1 setup in phased manner , going ahead with Denon 1800

Attachments

• IMG_4036.jpeg
    IMG_4036.jpeg
    105 KB · Views: 33
Denon x1800 may not be able to extract the full potential of Oberon 5. Suggest looking for used AVR like Marantz 5015 or similar
Mine is a small listening area ( 10 * 18 feet ) with 10 feet viewing distance. But I feel Dalis are such a sweet babies , they sound almost 80% similar to the demo I listened in proper acoustic environment . Used AVRs route somehow I found not easy as I was watching OLX for couple of months but nothing came in sight

Mine is a small listening area ( 10 * 18 feet ) with 10 feet viewing distance. But I feel Dalis are such a sweet babies , they sound almost 80% similar to the demo I listened in proper acoustic environment . Used AVRs route somehow I found not easy as I was watching OLX for couple of months but nothing came in sight
So you have already purchased the denon. It is a capable receiver for starting your setup and if you are happy with it then nothing like it. All the best!

Hi fellow HFVians , now the system is setup need your valuable inputs /suggestions for the HDMI 8K cables . One suggestion received is Bluerigger is that worth it or could opt for anything else .
Also is the HDMI cable a make or break thing for audio experience 🤔

I have bought some bluerigger cables and they have turned out quite satisfactory.
You can add a separate power amp (or something like an audiolab which can operate in both integrated and power amp modes) for the Dalis at a latter date. This will improve 2 channel music but also allow the AVR to be able to supply adequate power to centre and rear speakers.

Hi fellow HFVians , now the system is setup need your valuable inputs /suggestions for the HDMI 8K cables . One suggestion received is Bluerigger is that worth it or could opt for anything else .
Also is the HDMI cable a make or break thing for audio experience 🤔
Blueriggers work well for me

I have bought some bluerigger cables and they have turned out quite satisfactory.
You can add a separate power amp (or something like an audiolab which can operate in both integrated and power amp modes) for the Dalis at a latter date. This will improve 2 channel music but also allow the AVR to be able to supply adequate power to centre and rear speakers.
Wow , i will reserve this tip for the next upgrade for sure

Also I would like to add a media player ( currently I have a Jio Airfiber stb to view the OTT apps ) . One of my friend was using nvidia pro . Is this good or shall I go for apple

Also I would like to add a media player ( currently I have a Jio Airfiber stb to view the OTT apps ) . One of my friend was using nvidia pro . Is this good or shall I go for apple
Apple is fine. It is available with warrenty in india.

Hi friends , just bought the apple 4K Tv 128 GB and the streaming experience is real good now 🤩

Attachments

• IMG_4078.jpeg
    IMG_4078.jpeg
    45.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4080.jpeg
    IMG_4080.jpeg
    73.5 KB · Views: 11
since the current setup is only 2.0 , while watching movies feeling the dialogues are sounding very low .guess adding a centre speaker is now must for enhancing movie experience. Am getting an offer for a used centre ( mission EH3 ) photos attached . Need your suggestions if it will suit the Dali Oberon 5 FS

Attachments

• IMG_4082.png
    IMG_4082.png
    200 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4083.png
    IMG_4083.png
    213.2 KB · Views: 12
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back