Matching amplifier with Monitor Audio Platinum 200

@kartick
Just saw your signature (logged in via laptop). You are like Lyrita showroom :)
Have you paired the MAs with Lyrita DHT + Lyrita GM-70s? Any impressions?

I have the Lyrita-DHT coupled with an AKSA kit SS power amp. My speakers KEF R300 (stand mounts).
The above power amp has some magic, it is somewhere between a tube and SS.
Wanted to know how the Lyrita GM70 family pairs with the likes of MA, KEF, etc

Cheers,
Raghu
Hey, yes the main setup is mostly by Lyrita. The day the MA arrived, my amps were at Lyrita for some upgrades and a regular service. That time I had the Quad II monoblocks which I reckon output around 15watts. I ran the MA with the Quads and using my SoulNote amp as the pre. Surprisingly, even those 15watts made these speakers sing loud enough. It wasn’t anaemic by any means. However, of course, it was lacking that slam and authority!! Post that I have finally managed to lift and shift these behemoth speakers to my second room. Moving these around is not easy as it is not a one man’s job. These weigh 33kgs/piece. I have received my Lyrita amps back and will sometime pair and see with the MA and report my impressions to you. The monoblocks output 38 watts/channel of class A power so let’s see what’s in the store when paired with the MA.

Hey, yes the main setup is mostly by Lyrita. The day the MA arrived, my amps were at Lyrita for some upgrades and a regular service. That time I had the Quad II monoblocks which I reckon output around 15watts. I ran the MA with the Quads and using my SoulNote amp as the pre. Surprisingly, even those 15watts made these speakers sing loud enough. It wasn’t anaemic by any means. However, of course, it was lacking that slam and authority!! Post that I have finally managed to lift and shift these behemoth speakers to my second room. Moving these around is not easy as it is not a one man’s job. These weigh 33kgs/piece. I have received my Lyrita amps back and will sometime pair and see with the MA and report my impressions to you. The monoblocks output 38 watts/channel of class A power so let’s see what’s in the store when paired with the MA.
You need to keep a small dolly at home.
One thing you could quickly do is get a piece of 1" plywood (18" x 24") and put 4 heavy duty castors on it.

Thanks for obliging to conduct these pairing experiments.

Cheers,
Raghu

I would like the MA with either the LFD or Lavardin.
Hey Dev, I don't have much information on Lavardin. I will have to educate myself. I have been hearing good things about the Belles Aria Integrated as well. Any idea on that one?

Hello guys, have an update: I have finalised the amplifier for my MA speakers. The amplifier is an Odyssey Stratos Extreme power amp with full Kismet board upgrades performed by Klaus and caps upgraded to Symphonic Line ones. Excited to pair this with the PL200.

Congratulations
Was it sent to usa for the upgrades ?
As you mentioned done by Klaus

Congratulations
Was it sent to usa for the upgrades ?
As you mentioned done by Klaus
Hey Rikhav, yes. So this is a pre-owned amp and the seller bought it while he was in the States and sent it to Klaus for the upgrades. He got the amp back to India when he returned home. The seller is a very nice gentleman and was very transparent in sharing all his email correspondences with Klaus regarding the upgrades. It was good to see such transparency and fair dealing for used gear in India.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back