Matching SA for Jamo E670

Sumit

Hi!!

My friend owns a pair of Jamo E670 Towers. Currently he is using a Denon AVR 2705 to power it. He has a 2 CH setup and he wants to buy a stereo amplifier. Normally, I have seen Jamo paired with Denon for obvious reasons.

1.Which is the best suited brand of Amps to match Jamo Speakers?
2.Any specific model numbers that shall make these speakers sing?
3.How is NAD with Jamo?

Cheers!!

Hi,

Sumit there's a small confusion (atleast to me ) !

My friend owns a pair of Jamo E670 Towers. Currently he is using a Denon AVR 2705 to power it. He has a 2 CH setup and he wants to buy a stereo amplifier.

What exactly do you mean by the above ? is the E670 expected to play a dual role of a stereo speakers aswell Hometheater ?? is that what you mean by the above ?? if not please do elaborate.

Coming to stereo Amps,what is the taste of this gentleman who's looking for an Amp ? what is the budget ? any other details ?

Please do let Us know so that we can suggest a appropriate solution !

Regards.

The answer depends on the type of music yoru friend listens to.

In my experience I have seen the Jamo paired for 2 channel applications with one of NAD, Arcam, Cambridge Audio integrateds. One word of caution, don't expect very high quality sound with these speakers as they are meant for HT applications. Nevertheless they are quite listenable

Hi Sreekanth / Marsilians!! Thanks for your reply.

He wants to get rid of his AVR and buy a stereo amplifier.

Yesterday, he brought his speakers over to my place and tested them with my NAD pre/power. We thought that the vocals/midrange was too forward.At higher volumes the speakers were loosing the composure.

He mainly listens to pop and rock. And, he is looking at used gear with a budget of 25K.

Thanks guys.

Hi Sreekanth / Marsilians!! Thanks for your reply.

He wants to get rid of his AVR and buy a stereo amplifier.

Yesterday, he brought his speakers over to my place and tested them with my NAD pre/power. We thought that the vocals/midrange was too forward.At higher volumes the speakers were loosing the composure.

He mainly listens to pop and rock. And, he is looking at used gear with a budget of 25K.

Thanks guys.

Like I said, these speakers are mainly built for HT and if you thought they were bright with NAD then there is not much you can do to get better sound quality as the NADs are rather warm.

My suggestion, try to replace the speakers if you are going for stereo receiver or integrateds. You will be better off for music overall. Otherwise the money is not wisely spent.

For pop/rock you dont need a sub and may be OK with bookshelves that are more musical. A simple search on the is forum will throw a lot of options.

Hi Marsilians!!!

I am afraid this is bad news then. I guess I should try them denon integrated as he was using a Denon AVR 2105 and he is happy with the sonic signature.

With NAD, Jamo was definitely much better than the AVR 2105, but the PSB match was better.

Somehow, I am convinced that we can find a good matching integrated and these speakers will definitely sing.

Search continues......

Sumit

Last edited:
With NAD, Jamo was definitely much better than the AVR 2105, but the PSB match was better.

This is not surprising as NAD is much warmer and a better fit with the Jamo. Also its an integrated vs. AVR comparison. Not entirely even. But I thought you said in your earlier post that the felt the sound was still bright.

Somehow, I am convinced that we can find a good matching integrated and these speakers will definitely sing.

Search continues......

Sumit

Thats a healthy attitude. But be aware that the speakers may become the weakest link soon as the NAD is pretty decent at this price range as an integrated.

Also PSBs are typically much more musical than Jamo except for higher end lines.

Back