Matching Speakers for Denon DCD & PMA 2500 NE

They look lovely! Congratulations! They should only get better. Maybe the recency effect of Dalis should ward off.

I am curious to know why you mentioned no more Dalis in one of your previous posts. A different sound signature perhaps?

Thanks.

I miss the dynamics and brightness of Dali Zensor 3. Some day will try a Rubicon for sure.

With Lintons I find More vocals and bass but miss the treble. Some good details are revealed.

don't know about break-in. Would have crossed 10 hours by now.

I prefer it without grils as I hear some more of tweeters that way.

One way to try to overcome what you are missing is to keep playing what you have...

Humans are creatures of habit..

Generally you should be able to overcome what you miss by appreciating what the Lintons bring to the table.

Unless the sound is very off...

Let it play for 100 hours and only then give these a serious ear !

Try some room treatment as well...not now...after 100 hours .

Generally you should be able to overcome what you miss by appreciating what the Lintons bring to the table.
#oldmonk, this great point to think about. I have a set of discs which I hate on Dali Z3. Just played one..

IMG_20201006_221931_compress98.jpg

Finally able to follow what MJ says on Jam. Great vocal clarity.

The sterio image is very good in Lintons.

Will wait for break-in to complete, have done 15 hours now.

Unboxed it and installed it yesterday. It's a great furniture with best in class built, fit and finish.

It's a tough job to unplug the nails from the wooden cart.

The stands are heavy and no need to assemble as it's all assembled in factory itself, just plug and play in home. It came with all required accessories. The feet can be easily adjustable.
View attachment 50537View attachment 50538View attachment 50539View attachment 50540View attachment 50541View attachment 50542
View attachment 50544View attachment 50546View attachment 50547View attachment 50548View attachment 50549View attachment 50550View attachment 50551
Very nice. The denon CD player and amp combo reminded me of my denon PMA2000 and DCD 700 combo that I had for many years.Try to place the CD player on a different rack.

#oldmonk, this great point to think about. I have a set of discs which I hate on Dali Z3. Just played one..

View attachment 50568

Finally able to follow what MJ says on Jam. Great vocal clarity.

The sterio image is very good in Lintons.

Will wait for break-in to complete, have done 15 hours now.

Make a video of these beauties singing! :)

Thanks.

I miss the dynamics and brightness of Dali Zensor 3. Some day will try a Rubicon for sure.

With Lintons I find More vocals and bass but miss the treble. Some good details are revealed.

don't know about break-in. Would have crossed 10 hours by now.

I prefer it without grils as I hear some more of tweeters that way.

Yes. if you like the Dali sound, then its a bit difficult to replace.. my experience is also the same with the Ikon 6s i had some time back... very clean sound... but i often found them to be a little more bright to my liking and little less in bass, though i could easily live with them for quite a while.

You are spot on regarding the linton sound.. I too have read the sound to be good (really good) in midrange with good bottom-end and slightly rolled off treble... I am sure they will open up more once u give them a proper run-in....

As someone suggested already, please do some room treatment... a simple carpet and some diffusers behind the speaker at the imaging centre should be a good starting point....

Also, read somewhere that since the tweeters are not aligned with the rest of the drivers, speakers should be placed such that the tweeter is on the inside towards the center of the image, for both the speakers. Not sure if that will have any effect on the treble performance. But you can give this a try.....

Try to place the CD player on a differen
Sure, my next furniture is amp rack.
Make a video of these beauties singing! :)
Will do one, shortly.
a simple carpet and some diffusers behind the speaker at the imaging centre should be a good starting point....
Thanks, Will plan for it. Anil also suggested to treat the floor and walls while finalizing Lintons.
tweeter is on the inside towards the center of the image, for both the speakers
True, today did swapping both, found better imaging.

Also did installed the tile protector and isolation foots given with Lintons.

IMG_20201007_225140_compress48.jpg This has given a better results in controlling the bass roll off. Audio Frequencies above 500Hz has more clarity now.

IMG_20201005_224320_compress33.jpg

nice videos...

what you need is a nice 3 or 4 level rack - and that will streamline the looks as well..

is that the power cable creeping up to the top ?

can you check if you can get a separate 15A or 20A line from your incoming mains exclusively for your audio setup ?

Oh they sound great. Congratulations. @oldmonk is spot on, these are great speakers, let them burn in and you won't miss Dali for sure.
Thanks @rksingh1. They are great speakers in deed.
is that the power cable creeping up to the top
Yes, power cable and it goes to the Vertex Isolation transformer and directly to CDP and AMP..
can you check if you can get a separate 15A or 20A line from
Will try that.
nice videos
Thanks

Have done 40 hours so far. Post 30 hours I notice the high-frequencies opening up. What a smooth and lustrous treble.

@Yogesh
Here are few recorded videos from my mobile.
Linton videos
Sounds nice! I wish I had room for these beauties, I would get them in a heartbeat. And songs from Iruvar sound wonderful as well. This is one of my favorite Rahman albums.

I have done around 100 hours now. I got acquainted to the sound.

Now I did placed the Amp and CDP in different shelf on the rack. This made a huge change in sound, I feel more prominence and brightness on the high frequency output 1000 hz and above.

I think the isolation maters even on electronics.

IMG_20201104_191714_compress75.jpg

Thanks all

Last edited:
Out of curiosity just checked the mounting of the woofers. Found there is room for more fastening. All screws accept some more tightening. Bass response has more clarity now..

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back