• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Max length for Stereo cables

Wharfedale Diamond 12 Series

jbgude

Folks

What would be the max length that I can use to connect up a pair of Wharfedale 9.6 speakers ?

(Incidently, I heard and checked out the 9.5 simultaenously and found the Bass response far superior with the 9.5's !- however the mids and highs were clearly inferior, and I finally chose the 9.6)

I would like to run a cable over a door frame ( 8' x 7') plus some extra to hook up to the amp and speaker - I would estimate that I require around 11 meters length : would this result in a serious loss of performance ?
I have at least three amps that could be used.
Denon PMA 500 / Cosmic CO 100 / Sony AVR ( quite high powered )

Would also appreciate advice on the better / mid price range cables available in Pune / Mumbai with an indicative price.
Thank you.

spirovious

Folks

What would be the max length that I can use to connect up a pair of Wharfedale 9.6 speakers ?

(Incidently, I heard and checked out the 9.5 simultaenously and found the Bass response far superior with the 9.5's !- however the mids and highs were clearly inferior, and I finally chose the 9.6)

I would like to run a cable over a door frame ( 8' x 7') plus some extra to hook up to the amp and speaker - I would estimate that I require around 11 meters length : would this result in a serious loss of performance ?

Would also appreciate advice on the better / mid price range cables available in Pune / Mumbai with an indicative price.
Thank you.

Check details-
Speaker Wire: Choosing and Installing

Speaker Wire

very useful for me.

marsilians

I assume you are referring to speaker cable rather than stereo cable (analog RCA). These serve entirely different purposes.

If you are planning that long a run speaker cables then you can go for 14 or 12 AWG.

amazon.com has cheap cable if you do a search even with tax and customs

jbgude

Thank you both, I appreciate that. Did not realise that people have requirements for far longer cables :eek::

I shall have a look at the wires available locally, as I have problems with ordering via the net and especially doubts on receiving them safely by post.