Mayday-help-projector screen question

Capt k2

Hi,

Am setting up a new sys from scratch. Have got the foll gear

Epson 8350
Onkyo 609
Klipsch speakers-f30 towers plus sub,centre surround etc

Have civil work on at home and need a screen in Mumbai urgent- need to figure size and type and where to source from.

Need a motorised one as my equipment will be in a recess behind the screen.

Questions

1) what r de options for motorised screens in Mumbai

2) have a 13 feet throw and seating directly below projector- 110 diagonal in16:9 is enuff?

3) want a 110 diag 16:9. Does this mean if I watch 4:3 content the diagonal size wud be smaller? Wud it be better to buy a larger diagonal 4:3 screen which would also allow a 110 diag 16:9 image? Will the projector automatically black band the extra area if I watchin in 16:9?

FYI I got the Epson 8350 from usa-shipped to dubai-got to bom at total cost 75000 rs

Dubai got great deals on av. Got the amp and speakers from dubai again combined landed cost 75000

Appreciate any prompt replies as my carpenters sitting around idle :sad:

Went to dubai, hifi city and vv and sons had a combo deal for 5500 dirhams, carried all of it back, paid 7200 rs duty ;)

Contact Galalite at the following address. I have found them to be a professional company that sells at competitive prices. They have both regular and acoustically transparent screens.

GALA PROJECTION SCREENS P.LTD.
7&8, 5/A, Mittal Ind. Est., Marol, Andheri East,
Mumbai 400 059. INDIA.
Tel : 91 22 28500681/28503040/28506802
Email : [email protected]

Cheers

Tried calling Galalite to discuss what kind of screen I should buy. The receptionist listened to my technical queries and said she does not know anything and will discuss with madam and let me know her answer. I asked if I could talk to madam directly, but was told 'it will not be possible'. Period.

I'm not sure how I'm expected to buy from them if 'it is not possible' to talk to anyone with any knowledge in the product. A very disappointing first experience.

Mumbai really needs vendors who will work with simple home theater enthusiasts and not snobbish ones who only want multi-millionaires or corporate clients. :sad::sad::sad:

Dovin,

I think among the best advice you will get is from some forum members who are already using a screen and if you visit their home you will get a much better idea and you can invite them to your place so that they can add their input.

In Vashi meet there will be at least 2 of them attending who are already having a projector and screen, it will be a good idea that you go for the meet and interact with them while you will get the bonus to meet so many members.

V.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back