Media Player with Hard Disk/ Flash Drive, USB socket & Bluetooth

captrajesh

Staff member
Hi guys,

I'm very old school as far as sources are concerned so still hang on to dedicated CD Player as source. However, one of my colleagues is looking for a one box solution for the source and asked me for suggestions. I've seen FMs using the following players (In no particular order)

WDTV Live
Popcorn Hour
Xtreamer
Asus O Play Mini

I've also found mention of the following but I guess they are more of softwares and/or streaming devices:

Himedia
Roku
Apple Airport Express
Chromecast
Teevee
Minix

Then there are things like Raspberry pi and NUC.

He is looking for a solution where he would dump all his songs into a box which is a source that would be connected to an amplifier from where he would play his music.

He prefers to have a USB port to be able to play occasional mp3 files and bluetooth connectivity to play songs from his smart phone. Streaming over wifi is a welcome addition but not essential.

What do you guys suggest?

Last edited:
You may add Amkette EvoTV also to the list. But perhaps will not make that much of a difference, since your friend has quite a simple requirement.
The advantage with Amkette over the others in the list is that EvoTV = android phone. So you can use it exactly like a phone (apps, services, browser), SD card storage, USB storage etc.
Then it has HDMI, AV, Optical etc outputs
Of course you will require an extra storage device.

If he is only looking at dumping all music into a storage and play media - then even my ancient IOMEGA screenplay can do that. It has HDMI, AV, SCART etc ports. Can play audio and video files. I am sure there must be a plethora today.

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back