media streaming + storage device

puneetmakkad

Hi,

I am looking to use wisdom of this very wise crowd to help me pick a product to stream and store media (mostly movies).

I use my home theatre primarily to watch movies. I am keen to add a storage device as I am slowly building a movie library.

Ideally, this is what I would like to do:
1. Place the device in my equipment shelf with the PS3 and the Emotiva-UMC200
2. Use my laptop to connect to the internet and wirelessly download movies to this storage device
3. Use this storage device to backup files from my mobile phone (if possible)
3. Use this storage device to watch stored content on my HT using the projector

Note:
1. I am currently using a PS3 to play movie CDs (blu-ray). I have an Emotiva UMC-200 as a sound processor for my Genelec speakers. I use a BenQ projector.

2. The media streaming & storage device can only be connected to the internet wirelessly - I don't have a LAN or any cable running from my router to the equipment unit where I will store the device.

What device do you recommend I buy ( I will be bringing it from the US)
I am guessing I will need a dedicated DVD player to make this work - am I right?

thank you in advance.

Regards
Puneet

Hi,

Based on your requirement and details mentioned, you can go for himedia 900B media player which support internal 3.5" HDD and comes with built in wifi option.

Have been using it from past 2yrs with 2 TB HDD and its running error free and supports almost all video formats.

Also there are other options such as WD TV, Roku, Xstreamer etc.

Cheers..

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back