Mega Audio

nitinbose

Hi Team,

I'm upgrading my car and the Pioneer AVH-P4150DVD caught my attention.

I'm being offered at 38K for this unit in Bangalore. The dealer however told me about a brand called 'Mega Audio', which has a similar model at about 21K.

Has anyone heard of this model?

Am I being offered at the correct price or it still can go down? I saw the Pioneer AVH-P4150DVD in ebay.in at about 28K.

Please suggest.

regards,

Nitin.

38 K for HU - what is your total budget?
Seems bit high fo HU.
Also what type of sar you are upgrading?

Also I think it will be at center ,near driver side -I feel it is a dangerous preposition
Or you have a chauffer driven car

In case ,video always and must be used by rear occupants so why not
1) A DVD HU- with usb ,aux and Ipod cable
2) Biggest possible center mounted screen(can go upo 12"
3) GPS
4) Steering Remote( Check compatible HU)
5) I Pod
6) 6 Channel amp
7) Good Componant speakers
8) Subwoofer(S)

You save on this HU ,play around the budget and have far better killer system.

reg. other brand I think it is some chinese brand ,price seens too high ,

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the suggestions.

My budges is about 36K.

I was mainly attracted to this model because of the touch screen and ofcourse the video capability, which I may be using rarely.

Please suggest me a better setup, if available, for the same price.

how about the "mega audio" brand? Any one used it?

regards,

Nitin.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the suggestions.

My budges is about 36K.

I was mainly attracted to this model because of the touch screen and ofcourse the video capability, which I may be using rarely.

Please suggest me a better setup, if available, for the same price.

how about the "mega audio" brand? Any one used it?

regards,

Nitin.

36 K for Head unit?
What about speakers and overall budget???
Can I ask If you self drive or shauffer driven?

If self drive then touch screen is dangerous and if seating on rear seat you cannot use touch screen!:eek:hyeah:

Just think over it!

Having a video screen is always dangerous for the driver, its always meant for the other passengers.:D

This model looked nice with the touch screen, DVD, ipod compatibility etc.

Another advantage is that there is an input for a reversing camera so with the screen on the dash can be an added advantage.

The speakers are available with the car, so I do not think there is a need for changing them.

Please let me know if you feel there are better combination.

By the way, I still have not got any feedback regarding Mega Audio :eek:hyeah:

Last edited:
Check
MEGA AUDIO
and tell urself
co.uk too deceptive
No working about us link

chk this

MEGA AUDIO

Too lousy photograph of products..

APPEARS TO BE A CHEAP CHINESE COMPANY

Not to be trusted for 21 k IMHO!

Again do not trust OEM car speakers Generally OEM speakers sound quality is average.

He he he....

I had the same feeling as well, some cheap ones... especially if you consider the looks of the panel...:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

regards,

Nitin.

Its pretty much out of date, but will still like to add on. I am personally using a Mega Audio 2 Din system for the past 15 months without any problems so far. I found it to be a great value for money. Just to add on the dealer was trying to fleece you as I bought mine for 17K, full VFM!!!

Hi Everyone,

Nitin.

The Sony in-dash DVD in our vehicle would frequently skip tracks specially upon encountering "traditional" potholes/bumps etc. that dot our roads. We too used "video" only occassionaly. Video skips are always annoying so we ended up replacing it with JVC KD R900 that has Blueetooth, USB Ipod compability. When we need the occassional video we use the video out from our mobiles to the roof-mounted 7" LCD. Frankly, this makes everyone happy.

We had also considered Pioneer MVH P8200BT, DEH P6100BT (has lots of nice reviews) and JVC KD AVX77.

In case it helps, at first we had a Pioneer CD player replaced by the Sony DVD for movie playback options. For us, Pioneer sounds a lot better than Sony (others may disagree). We were skeptical about the JVC as it was to be imported from USA. Glad we took the blind chance, incredible improvement in sound presentation - even my wife noticed it immediately.

As Mr. Hemant has rightly pointed out, I also belive the "OEM speakers" will need to be updated, unless, it's a BMW, Merc etc.

Hope this helps. Good luck in your search. Please share your experience once you make the final selection.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back