mega thread for speakers..

Common. Give our man a little slack. Manu has a very genuine question and at the same time taking pains to so eloquently explain his amazingly detailed investigations on the Logarithmic characteristic of the Onkyo volume pot. He deserves encouragement.

On a more serous note, the MK speakers are good. I have heard the MK. And yes the CPM speaker line was full of gas. Sounds bright, harsh and farty. I dont know how to describe that in audio parlance. But I hope you get the drift. ;)

Having said that, and because I like Manus typical balle balle enthusiasm, I must now share a very closely guarded secret that is guaranteed to dramatically improve the performance of any audio equipment. Do yourself a favour and grab a tube of the Altmann "Tube-O-Lator" Lacquer.

Here is the link for more details and application methods.

The Altmann "Tube-o-lator" lacquer

It is such an amazing discover (some compare it to invention of active resistors) that its manufacturer closed down under a deluge of orders. The inventor, a rare genius, went nuts and currently on therapy

Luckily this magical product does come up at times on ebay. One single tube is enough to treat a complete Hifi-System including Disc-player / DA-Converter, Pre-Amplifier & Main-Amplifier and even your furniture. Our forum member Shri George (GeorgeO) has a tube and it completely revolutionised his world. It even worked wonder on his failingehemman thing. Someone advised him to use the liquid and half a drop of it and zapp!! Now GeorgeO is so up and tight that that PYT in Brigade Road have formed a GeorgeO Fans Club. :clapping:

PM him for details and he may spare a drop or two for you.

Manu ji, please disregard us old fobbies here and continue posting (and creating multiple threads as needed) on the remarkable audio discoveries you are making. We are truly blessed to have a precious treasure like you.

Common. Give our man a little slack. Manu has a very genuine question and at the same time taking pains to so eloquently explain his amazingly detailed investigations on the Logarithmic characteristic of the Onkyo volume pot. He deserves encouragement.

On a more serous note, the MK speakers are good. I have heard the MK. And yes the CPM speaker line was full of gas. Sounds bright, harsh and farty. I dont know how to describe that in audio parlance. But I hope you get the drift. ;)

Having said that, and because I like Manus typical balle balle enthusiasm, I must now share a very closely guarded secret that is guaranteed to dramatically improve the performance of any audio equipment. Do yourself a favour and grab a tube of the Altmann "Tube-O-Lator" Lacquer.

It is such an amazing discover (some compare it to invention of active resistors) that its manufacturer closed down under a deluge of orders. The inventor, a rare genius, went nuts and currently on therapy

Luckily this magical product does come up at times on ebay. One single tube is enough to treat a complete Hifi-System including Disc-player / DA-Converter, Pre-Amplifier & Main-Amplifier and even your furniture. Our forum member Shri George (GeorgeO) has a tube and it completely revolutionised his world. It even worked wonder on his failingehemman thing. Someone advised him to use the liquid and half a drop of it and zapp!! Now GeorgeO is so up and tight that that PYT in Brigade Road have formed a GeorgeO Fans Club. :clapping:

Manu ji, please disregard us old fobbies here and continue posting (and creating multiple threads as needed) on the remarkable audio discoveries you are making. We are truly blessed to have a precious treasure like you.

thank you sir ,foooo that's a big relief that someone understands me :)

what's PYT? :confused:

damn! the tube-o-later site says not available for sale anymore!!!
Is there a vintage tube of tube-o-lator available?

regards

Gobble my man, wake up. You tongue-in-cheek humour is being hijacked.

Cheers

True. Off key humour is great. Its different. Sometimes as I found out today, you dont get it immediately. But then you laugh more:). No matter who does it, it is enjoyable. Anything is better than quibbling.

Aks, I kid you not. Last night I was literally rolling on the ground and woke the whole house. My wife seriously thought it was time to send me to an asylum.

Cheers

can I sprinkle it in air to improve my wifi speed for multiple HD streams? Is it compatible with wireless G?

If I use for squeezebox wireless to stream music, will it add tube sound over the air? I guess it only works over ethernet cables as this tube O later is an old technology?

regards

No Sir I kid you not!

The Tube O Lator is an excellent product. Grab a tube before the old stock runs out. It is not likely to be manufactured ever again.

Last edited:
can I sprinkle it in air to improve my wifi speed for multiple HD streams? Is it compatible with wireless G?

If I use for squeezebox wireless to stream music, will it add tube sound over the air? I guess it only works over ethernet cables as this tube O later is an old technology?

regards

Wireless G is usually respectful way to address Mr. Wireless. It will make your speaker sound more polite and respectful. Since tubes are old fashioned and older generation are considered better in this regard as compared to younger generation that is known to be brash, insolent uncouth and ill-mannered, it logically follows that Wireless G == more tube-like. If A=B and B=C then A=C. Getit? :)

Cheers

Thank you G.
Actually, thank you G G. Gobble G!

regards

Wireless G is usually respectful way to address Mr. Wireless. It will make your speaker sound more polite and respectful. Since tubes are old fashioned and older generation are considered better in this regard as compared to younger generation that is known to be brash, insolent uncouth and ill-mannered, it logically follows that Wireless G == more tube-like. If A=B and B=C then A=C. Getit? :)

Cheers

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back