Meixing tube amps:

hydrovac

Hi all,
In the past, I used Spark Audio CDT 15ACD Player and Cayin integrated amplifier with EL34. I like this configuration.

Does anyone know about the quality of the Chinese tube amp on the market, such as Meixing MingDa?
I've seen posts and comments on this forum in the past, but nothing definitive.

I was hoping more members have ventured into the world of these Asian tube amps and can report pros and cons.

Thanks

hydrovac, I am using a Chinese power amp Dared which uses 300Bs and 12AU7 tubes. I have replaced all original tubes, resistors, capacitors, internal wiring and cables. The only components I did not change were the output transformer and power transformer. After these modifications the difference in SQ was earth and outer space.

hydrovac, I am using a Chinese power amp Dared which uses 300Bs and 12AU7 tubes. I have replaced all original tubes, resistors, capacitors, internal wiring and cables. The only components I did not change were the output transformer and power transformer. After these modifications the difference in SQ was earth and outer space.

Hari,

I've heard and read of people saying that the biggest determining factor in the quality of sound of a tube amp is weight (basically, it's almost all in the transformers...),
I can't speak for other brands, but the Cayin I bought had good tubes, sounds great and had what seem to be good transformers. The circuit design is very good and it is well laid out with hand done point to point very neatly.

The only down side as you said is to replace a few resistors and caps... but in a valve amp there are not so many components and most are really cheap. If anyone gets a Chinese amp... if you have any soldering skills it is worth doing, as a component failure that costs few rupees to replace could take out an output transformer, or at least a valve or two and this could be an expensive failure.

Not the brand you mentioned but just a few are great. I can share links if you wish. PM your number.

I have come across a Meixing MCKT88-100W tube amplifier for sale, I cannot find any info on them, are they genuine Ming Da and not a copy ? is it a great amp ? transformers good ? also, what are the specs of this amp ?

20190208_124143.jpg

20190208_124148.jpg

I had a line magnetic push pull integrated amp. Sounded great but I felt build quality and reliability was not commensurate with the pricing.
Cheers,
Sid

I had a line magnetic push pull integrated amp. Sounded great but I felt build quality and reliability was not commensurate with the pricing.
Cheers,
Sid

Thanks Sid for the heads up... which gives me the idea that if build quality is good... set with a decent price, it can be considered.
(that is to say, a killer performer at a sensible price)?

The seller claims it to be 100watt class AB push-pull amp...

Hari,

I've heard and read of people saying that the biggest determining factor in the quality of sound of a tube amp is weight (basically, it's almost all in the transformers...)
The net weight of my tube amp is 18 kgs as measured by me and I believe 80% of this weight would be only transformers.

Thanks Sid for the heads up... which gives me the idea that if build quality is good... set with a decent price, it can be considered.
(that is to say, a killer performer at a sensible price)?

The seller claims it to be 100watt class AB push-pull amp...

Yes certainly. Usually most of the Chinese amps have a relatively reasonable price compared to their European/American counterparts. However be aware that after sales service will be nil to nonexistent. I had that experience with Line Magnetic to the point where even communication with the company was going no where because I don't think they even understood I was having a problem. And this was with a product that was under warranty. Anyways I have moved on, I refuse to consider Chinese manufactured products/companies even at the best price unless they have proven customer service (which as I understand does not exist, not only in India but anywhere else, their warranties etc are just a joke). For instance, there was a big issue with Usher (though it is a Taiwanese company) stopping all dealings with their Indian distributor and all their worldwide distributors for a while. I knew a few users who could not get parts for their products even if they were willing to pay.
Still if one can handle minor repairs to their products then their prices are unbeatable.
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:
Hi all,
In the past, I used Spark Audio CDT 15ACD Player and Cayin integrated amplifier with EL34. I like this configuration.

Does anyone know about the quality of the Chinese tube amp on the market, such as Meixing MingDa?
I've seen posts and comments on this forum in the past, but nothing definitive.

I was hoping more members have ventured into the world of these Asian tube amps and can report pros and cons.

Thanks
Hi sir, what is the price he expected for meixing mingda tube amplifier ?

Hi. I have been using a Jolida AMP for almost 2 years now. Sounds great and no issues related to quality so to speak of.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back